GPS Problems

Reaction score
Phantom 2, H3-3D, Hero 3+ Black
Immersion RC 5.8 600mw transmitter+fatshark antenna, Black Pearl 7ch diversity receiver

OK. I flew my phantom a few times, it was working great. No problems, stable flight, etc. I was flying it one time, I was really stupid and did a CSC about 15 feet above the ground, it hit the ground, broke a prop. Nothing else was damaged as this was pre FPV, that I can tell after having worked on it extensively installing my FPV kit. I installed the FPV kit, I'm getting video feed, everything is great... BUT

I can't get satellite locks. I have it in naza-m now, and when i do the calibration, i get a green flash, and then 3 reds. no matter what i do, i can't get it to change. iosD mini says 0 satellites, but the green light means it's seeing something... Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sounds like you forgot to connect GPS cable from the lid.

Next step is to check the GPS antenna to see if it was cracked in the crash, it's on the opposite side of the little round circuit board you find in the lid of the Phantom.

it is indeed cracked. do i need to order a new gps unit or can i replace the antenna?

OI Photography said:
You certainly can if you have the soldering skills. Those are the right frequency and footprint, the ones I used were half the thickness though...not sure if that matters or not: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... 1575252A02
I ordered one of the 5 packs from the eBay thing and then 1 of the ones you listed just because they have 2nd day air and the ebay link only has slow shipping and I'm in Alaska.

When I go to replace it, how do I do it exactly?

i have the exact same problem. minor crash.... i have fat shark 250mw tx dji mini iosd installed on my phantom2 (non vision) and it goes into gps .... blinks green once.... followed by 3 red blinks....I haven't taken off since crash... on my iosd through the fatshark goggles it shows gps mode.... the altitude and everything else registers and shows, but it says (GPS 0) as in no satellites. My question is Where do i start? ive been looking all over.. im so glad i found this forum. Thank you!

minorthreat194 said:
i have the exact same problem. minor crash.... i have fat shark 250mw tx dji mini iosd installed on my phantom2 (non vision) and it goes into gps .... blinks green once.... followed by 3 red blinks....I haven't taken off since crash... on my iosd through the fatshark goggles it shows gps mode.... the altitude and everything else registers and shows, but it says (GPS 0) as in no satellites. My question is Where do i start? ive been looking all over.. im so glad i found this forum. Thank you!

you need to take the top lid off, and remove the gps unit. be very very careful with the screws as i stripped two of them. if the antenna on top has cracked, that is your issue.

I received my replacement antennas. It took me a little bit to get the bad antenna off and I've never soldered anything before, but I got the new one on and I went flying tonight. Worked perfect!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj