GPS-out/transmission

Reaction score
hey all,

Just got a phantom 2 and am setting up my fpv set up. Does the phantom 2 have gps out capability I could transmit over the audio channel of the fpv transmitter?

Re: GPS out

It has a video and aux power out the yellow brown orange and brown ribbon cable on the leg. If that's what your talking about. GPS out :?: :shock: no idea

Re: GPS out

Aware of the video harness. But is there any way to transmit GPS data over an audio channel by means of soldering?

You mean to say you location data home location altitude speed etc ? Either an IOSD mini or ipad ground static or the combination of both will give you on screen flight data live. It connects between the video out and tx in.
Hope that helps

I think there's some 3rd-party telemetry systems that use the FPV audio channel to transmit their data, and I'm guessing the OP wants to use the Phantom's existing GPS feed in place of whatever add-on GPS module that system may normally use. Not possible as far as I know.

Here's an example of FSK modulation used on a vTX audio channel:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m93tQNuLMqM[/youtube]

I want to combine that with one of the Arduino OSD libraries and the great work already done to decode the Naza CAN bus on rcgroups. $20 for a Teensy that weighs 11g. Tons of detailed information on the CAN bus. You can get individual motor speed if you wanted to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik