GPS on wifi only iPad Air 2

Reaction score
Anybody know if a Bad Elf Lightning GPS adapter will work to get GPS to an iPad Air 2 and pass data thru to the USB port on the transmitter?

I recall a thread noting that the Dual universal bluetooth gps receiver works with the Pilot app and an iPad on iOS 8.4 or later. 8.3 broke the data link, but it was restored with 8.4. Perhaps you can go that route to get add on gps for your wifi only tablet.

If you add a gps to the wifi air 2 unless you cache a map it will not really do anything for you, correct? I just bought an air 2 and was wondering if I should return it and get a cellular one and then get a cheap data only connection? Just curious what other experiences are. Any good cheap cell plans for data only in the States?

Alan

If you have a gps enabled ipad (cellular verison) you dont need to get a data plan.

If you add a gps to the wifi air 2 unless you cache a map it will not really do anything for you, correct? I just bought an air 2 and was wondering if I should return it and get a cellular one and then get a cheap data only connection? Just curious what other experiences are. Any good cheap cell plans for data only in the States?

Alan

With the Cellular version your orientation will also be displayed on the map and you will be able to use dynamic home point. I have the cell version Air 2 without a data plan.

I use my cell phone as a hot spot, get the home point and the map, turn it off and all is good. No need for cellular on ipad.
Don't you have to pay for your phone to be a hot spot. Also with it turned off how does it update orientation for the SDK apps?

Alan

Yep return and get the cellular model. You can also stick the sim from your phone into the iPad for when you want data on it. Or you can always cache the maps while you are on a wifi connection.

Anybody know if a Bad Elf Lightning GPS adapter will work to get GPS to an iPad Air 2 and pass data thru to the USB port on the transmitter?
The wireless BT connected Bad Elf Pro and Bad Elf Pro+ are now both recognized by the iPad Air 2 under iOS 8.4.

However, the real question remains as to whether the Pilot app will use that Bad Elf GPS location data, to reset the Home Point to the Transmitter location after launch.

Has anyone successfully done this on a WiFi only iPad Air 2?

In any event, to avoid confusion, there still is no dynamic Home Point setting on the P3P. It is not automatic. It is a manual reset, each time you reset it to the Transmitter location, assuming you can do so. It is static, not dynamic.

1. So, can anyone using a WiFi only iPad Air 2 reset their Home Point to the Transmitter location, after launch, by any means?
2. If so, how?

I can set my home point and turn the phone,Hot spot, off and everything is good or I can leave the phone on and get all of the same features as an Ipad with cellular. I did not have to pay the extra money for a cellular Ipad.

Reactions: AmosMoses

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues