GPS MODE DOES NOT WORK

Reaction score
Since I've had my Phantom FC 40 it worked well in ATT. mode , but never did in GPS. In GPS and I turn off the transmitter it goes crazy. So I got the NAZA 2.20 software and turned on fail-safe in the manual position switch as well as IOC which works well. The last time I turned on the software connected to the unit , it said that the GPS had to be updated? In the updated page it does not say their is an update available. Am I missing overlooking something? I'm on a fixed income and can't afford to lose the drone. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help...

Sorry if these are obvious but:

a. I assume that you are being patient and waiting until you have nothing but a slowly blinking green LED before taking off - correct?

b. You should also see two sets of rapidly blinking greens, one telling you it has compass lock and the other telling you it has set the home location. Are you seeing these?

c. Have you turned on IOC by checking the box when connected to the PC?

d. Have you tried an advanced calibration and, if so, have you made sure that when you are doing that the unit is as far away as possible from any magnets, power sources etc?

Good luck!!

Have done a to d. Still does not work. Still looking for that one simple thing I might be overlooking. Thanks for the speedy reply and your help.

Can you explain / list exactly what you do when you go flying Step by Step!! - we might see what your doing wrong or right? :D

Thanks for wanting to help. Just had a double bypass last month so don't get out as often as usual. Let me get a friend over to record the light sequence and then we can see wherever we are. i thought after I got the NAZA 2.20 program that I could work it out. I've been an tech in the oilfield for 20 years and I can't get a drone to do what's it's suppose too.

All you should do with these is normally, take out of the box, charge lipo add the legs, screw on the props, plug in, do a "compass set up dance" with the drone that'll make you dizzy and go fly! - No need to do anything more technical, no programs, no computers unless you want to tinker!! :) but just list what you do...when you want to fly

All the responses I've had were all right on with everything I've done.The compass thing. The lights sequence seems to be right at start up. The only response I upgraded the firmware to 4.02 was because of the GPS not working. I also imported the defaults for 4.02 after upgrade. I just get frustrated when I see a video on you tube of how it's suppose to work. Any suggestions from here short of shooting the unit or suing the vendor for false advertisement? All of your responses where greatly appreciated.

I've never seen a message in the Asst Software that states GPS needs updating and I'm unsure what it means.

Have you done a calibration on your Phantom yet?

Also if you're still getting the GPS message can you take a screenshot and post it?

If I remember correctly somehow the wrong tx box was checked. After that the message didn't reappear. Are you suppose to have all o"s in your x.y.z boxes on the basic page? I've done basic and advanced calibrations to many times to count trying to solve this problem. Thanks for the response.

first drone said:
If I remember correctly somehow the wrong tx box was checked. After that the message didn't reappear. Are you suppose to have all o"s in your x.y.z boxes on the basic page? I've done basic and advanced calibrations to many times to count trying to solve this problem. Thanks for the response.

No worries, and we will get this sorted out.

We're going to need to see your software settings which will require you to get a screenshot of them and post them here.

You can upload the images to: http://s1168.photobucket.com/

You can use your facebook page to login, no need to make an account.

Once the photo/screenshots are uploaded right click on the image and choose "View image info" it's near the bottom.

This will bring up a dialogue box, copy the address by highlighting the text and right clicking and choose "copy".

Return to this thread, make a new post, click in the "Img" button and paste the text of your photo's location between the brackets.

It sounds hard but you'll get the hang of it.

Example_zpse869824c.jpg

first drone said:
Since I've had my Phantom FC 40 it worked well in ATT. mode , but never did in GPS. In GPS and I turn off the transmitter it goes crazy.

How exactly does it act when flying in GPS and what exactly does it do when you turn the transmitter off?

Is your Failsafe turned on and set to "Return home and land" and not just "Land"?

Also, the solar storms have been fairly strong lately, which can interfere with GPS.

Capture4_zps69f45de0.gif.html

if THIS WORKS YOU CAN CLICK ON THE LINK AND SCROLL T6HROUGH THE OTHER PIC'S.
i SEE THIS DIDN'T WORK AND NEITHER DID THE SECOND TRY.Any suggestions? Thanks. The pic's are uploaded to the link you sent. the second set are the right ones.
Sorry about the cap locks, didn't realize they were on.

I put up 2 post today of screenshots that didn't work but they don't even show up? My mistake, didn't see there was a new page.

first drone said:
Didn't anyone else have this problem or am I the only unlucky SOB to end up with a pi** poor unit??????

I'm still unclear on exactly what is wrong......

Everything works but GPS mode. Do I need to buy a new GPS module or am I missing something simple. All the lights say it has home lock and at least 6 sat's. But it does stupid **** in GPS mode? I can't believe that I'm the only unit that has this problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj