GPS Metadata

___

Reaction score
My Canon 5D has GPS on it. When setup right, it can add GPS data into the metadata so that when I plug them into Adobe Lightroom, for example, I can see the thumbnails on a map. How cool would this be on the Phantom? I know that Eye-Fi makes a GPS enabled SD (full size only) card that can do I think the same thing. I don't know, but would guess GoPros use SD cards.

Anyone do this?

Ookay.. so apparently there is such as thing as a micro SD to full size SD adapter. "SD to MicroSD/TransFlash Card Converter Module" can be had for less than 7 bucks shipped. So this adapter, plus a GPS SD card such as the eye-fi would be an interesting combination, no?

___ said:
Ookay.. so apparently there is such as thing as a micro SD to full size SD adapter. "SD to MicroSD/TransFlash Card Converter Module" can be had for less than 7 bucks shipped. So this adapter, plus a GPS SD card such as the eye-fi would be an interesting combination, no?

An interesting combination, sure.

Will it work? No.

They EyeFi card is what needs to be in the device when the image is taken in order to be used. I doubt you're gonna fit a full-size SD card into your bird. And I don't think EyeFi cards are capable of recording GPS coordinates by themselves... they rely on the DSLR they're used in that are GPS-enabled.

Loaded images for the first time into Lightroom (I am using LR4.3) and notice that the image are already geocoded. That is, the GPS info is already embedded into the images' metadata. I can use the built in "Map" tab in Lightroom and see where I shot the images I imported. Cool!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20