GPS Map???

Reaction score
I have been flying at the local RC field. I don't get a GPS map in that location. If I fly by my house, I get a satellite map. Anyone know why? Also wondering, I installed latest firmware, and I have a 500 meter range. Not very far. Can I change the max flight distance?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your home area is in the cache of the display device.

Go into settings and reset/check all of your settings. Sometimes they revert when a new firmware is installed.

Do you have an Internet connection on your mobile device at your local RC field? If not, you'll need to cache the maps at home before you head out to fly. Or, tether your mobile device to your phone (if possible) to download and cache them when you get to the RC field.

Thanks. Ok. I reviewed settings. Map on standard out. Map on satellite works. Map on hybrid does not work. Sound OK? What about the max? Got a max of 1500 feet distance. Would like to increase. Got a height max of 1500 feet! WTF? We aren't supposed to exceed 400 feet. Is your setting the same?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ah ha.

While sitting at home with good internet wifi, bring up your phantom app on your mobile device. After it loads, it should connect with your home's wifi internet connection since your Phantom is not on. If it doesn't connect, force it to connect.

Once it's connected, bring up your Phantom app and then bring up your google map screen. Max it on your screen. It should show a google earth map at your location.

If it isn't showing your location, walk outside for a minute so the GPS in your mobile device gets fixed.

Go back inside and zoom in and out patiently. All these different maps you are seeing will be saved onto your mobile device.

Now move the map to whatever areas you'd like to fly and zoom in and out. All those maps will save.

Later when you go to these areas to fly, they will show up on your mobile device.

You'll also need to enable the following setting in DJI GO if you're using an Apple device:

DJI-GO-Cache-Map-In-The-Background.PNG

How many different areas can be cached at one time? I cache the map for an area intend to fly often- or used to before I got Mobil hotspot on my phone- but never knew how much can be cached at once.
Can it store 2 different geographical areas at one time? How large an area can be cached & stored?

"Imagine Whirled Peas..."

2-P-3p's
6 batteries

How many different areas can be cached at one time? I cache the map for an area intend to fly often- or used to before I got Mobil hotspot on my phone- but never knew how much can be cached at once.
Can it store 2 different geographical areas at one time? How large an area can be cached & stored?

"Imagine Whirled Peas..."

2-P-3p's
6 batteries
Your only limit is the storage of your phone or tablet

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sometimes when I power up in the field of I've not preloaded the map- even in an area near home that I've flown recently, the map is blank.
What causes a reset? My iPad has plenty of storage. So something must cause a reset or clear as I didn't knowingly clear the cache.

Most of the time these days it's not an issue since I can use my Personal hotspot on my phone. But if in an area with no cell service it would be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.