GPS loss

Reaction score
I have an intermittent GPS issue on a Phantom 3 Pro where is says GPS lost and shoots off on its own, I use an IPad and I am having to calibrate the compass on the iPad every time I use it, could it be the drone or my iPad?

All items are on latest firmware also video is very laggy.

I have an intermittent GPS issue on a Phantom 3 Pro where is says GPS lost and shoots off on its own, I use an IPad and I am having to calibrate the compass on the iPad every time I use it, could it be the drone or my iPad?
The compass in your iPad is completely unrelated to everything in the Phantom and has no effect on it.
Are you losing GPS because of a malfunction, poor cable connection or compass error?

It will just fly off on the log it disappeared then comes back, it will come up GPS lost and it will shoot off the only way to stop it is to press the Home button but it just hovers as if it's lost, 3 different places all in wide open spaces miles from anything.

Do you think it needs to go back for a service?

It will just fly off on the log it disappeared then comes back, it will come up GPS lost and it will shoot off the only way to stop it is to press the Home button but it just hovers as if it's lost, 3 different places all in wide open spaces miles from anything.

Do you think it needs to go back for a service?

Start by doing an IMU calibration and then follow up with a compass calibration that should help it, I think you have already done the compass calibration then it's a good chance the IMU need to be calibrated

That's my 2 cents sorry if it doesn't help

I had that happen and it flew off and never came back. DJI replaced it so that was cool. I would replace the compass. Are you getting any compass errors?

I had that happen and it flew off and never came back. DJI replaced it so that was cool. I would replace the compass. Are you getting any compass errors?

Are you serious dji replaced a fly away?

What information did you provide to provide that is was not your fault

I'm not getting much info from your description.
How about showing the flight data from a flight where this is happening.
That may help solve the mystery.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

And what was their response on what caused it? I have heard of a few fly sways and best I heard is a 15% discount

Can you post a snap of the email or something where they take ownership in it? I'd like to see it in writing please if you can

Reactions: Quest-So
And what was their response on what caused it? I have heard of a few fly sways and best I heard is a 15% discount
Can you post a snap of the email or something where they take ownership in it? I'd like to see it in writing please if you can
There have been plenty of cases where DJI have replaced Phantoms.
As long the flight data from the crashed Phantom or the app when the Phantom isn't available, can show that the cause of the loss was due to a malfunction in the hardware or its programming.
If the flight data, indicates operator error was the cause or if it doesn't show what the cause was, the owner may get the discount offer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav