GPS locator for fly aways?

20mmx 20mm x 6mm - realtime via GPRS and/or sms to your mobile. Fly lead for connecting your own power supply - interested?

DanCH said:
discv said:
I have used the TK102-B for a while. Very accurate. No on going subscription. 4+days battery life. Cons- 58g and hard to find a good mounting solution.

Attach your TK102 to the opposite leg from the compass with 2 cable ties through the top loop. The tracker won't be able to come away, is well away from interfering with the rest of the quad and won't move around in flight providing it's tight enough.

I too found this was the best compromise - but I would be interested to see a picture of how you fastened yours. The gap at one end would be great for passing a tie-wrap/zip lock through, but I think this needs to point upwards - to optimise GPS reception.

Pictures for TK102 mounting on a P2 invited.
Thanks

OK.
In a bid to attract photos of ANY tracker, who has mounted one on their Quad and how did you do it ?

I really like my RF-V16, available on EBay. It is very small and lightweight and it has numerous features, such as: Calling to it and conversing with the person, calling from it to a designated number, calling and listening to the surroundings and of course, GPS tracking.

Three months of service cost me $20, less than $7 a month. It takes a micro SIM card and it is supported via AT&T and T-Mobile. Your phone doesn't have to be with these services.

However, it turned out to be what my Mom needs. She doesn't wander away, but she tends to fall and needs help getting up. This was meant for my P2, but I will buy another.

An editorial comment: If you have pets, spouse, kids, cars, etc., a GPS tracker should be mandatory, with the abductions going on today. For $6 a month, it is a bargain. Don't hold me to it, but I believe the weight is 30 grams and it is very small. Lanyard included, micro USB port for recharging the battery and more features including a SOS button.

RF-V16
Zip tie.

Attachments

• Tracker on.JPG
    Tracker on.JPG
    395 KB · Views: 296
Thanks for the picture. I am thinking of mounting mine vertically against the inside of the back leg so that the GPS sensor is uppermost.

I bought the TK102-B (or possibly its clone) and a Mini A8 to have a look at. The mini A8 seems fab because it is very light and small (possibly 1cm x 2cm x3cm). However I discovered that despite its product describing it as "GPS" it is in fact "LBS" - meaning it takes its position by triangulating cell phone towers. It is hopelessly inaccurrate therefore, especially when you consider its purpose. So needless to say that will be going back to the chinese ebay seller.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20