GPS location for P3 pro controller.

Reaction score
Hi. I have searched this but can't find a solution. I am a newbie. Had my first flight yesterday and nearly lost my bird. Had good GPS on take off 14 satellites and safe to fly in GPS mode displayed. Towards the end of the flight which I kept pretty close I decided to test rth function and got 2 options. Original or current location. Current location was highlighted as the default but said it was some distance from the original home point. Not really understanding the difference I thought the best option would be the current location as it was highlighted. GPS was strong so I selected it. The bird rose to 40 meters and the flew away off towards houses and road and tried to land on someone's roof. I manged to overcome my panic and bring it back manually. On reviewing flight data it thought I was about a km away. Subsequent flights I selected original position and it returned to where it took off. I have fired it up several time and also at home. It will accurately set a home point but I also have a dot on the map about 1km away which it thinks is the controller location.
Any ideas please?

Are you using DJI GO 3.1.2 on an Android device? If so, this is a known issue and you should install an older version of DJI GO.

FYI, you can download old versions of DJI GO here or here. You'll need to sideload the APK like this.

Reactions: Barnesy1965
Are you using DJI GO 3.1.2 on an Android device? If so, this is a known issue and you should install an older version of DJI GO.

FYI, you can download old versions of DJI GO here or here. You'll need to sideload the APK like this.

Hi yes I am using that version on an Android device. I will try the older one. Thanks I'll keep you posted.

Any suggestions which version. I am running a galaxy note 3 with Android v 5?

Hi. I took your advice and decided to load 3.1.1. I did a comparison and took 2 screenshots. 3.1.1 had a blue dot right next to the home point. 3.1.2 had a red dot NNW of my location over a km away. I had 13 satellites at the time on each test. Thanks for your help. Problem solved 3.1.2 defo has issues. I've emailed development team at dji.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I recommend you use iPhones not androids if you look it up it will tell you do not use android to android to give so much trouble with the return home also with hacking and viruses

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

android to give so much trouble with the return home
This issue has been resolved. Anyone who installed DJI GO 3.1.2 on an Android device before 1/7/2017 should reinstall it.

Reactions: Stumiller
I recommend you use iPhones not androids if you look it up it will tell you do not use android to android to give so much trouble with the return home also with hacking and viruses

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Lots of flights using my Android device, no issues. But I am running Litchi. Rarely use DJI Go and when I do it is 2.9.1.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl