GPS issue

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a GPS problem sometimes called toilet bowl effect, it starts with a small amount of circular flight which if you let it go it becomes a rather violent circular action you can keep it under control but let the sticks go and it stars again.
Has anyone had a similar experience and if so is it fixable. Johnno.

Is this effect only occurs for the first flight?
Do you get single GREEN with no RED flash?
It sometime happens in the beginning of the very first flight, then will settle down even later in the flight.
You can try spinning it a few times or flip between ATTI and GPS.

Move to different locations and try again.

Lately have only flying at end of day so only one flight
Don't have green and red flashes just green
When its start I generally switch back to ATTI and fly the rest of the flight
Will try switching between ATTI & GPS and also different positions
Is it a common problem?
Johnno.

Johnno said:
Lately have only flying at end of day so only one flight
Don't have green and red flashes just green
When its start I generally switch back to ATTI and fly the rest of the flight
Will try switching between ATTI & GPS and also different positions
Is it a common problem?
Johnno.

Yes, this is common and in fact DJI manual even says that the Phantom will be accurate within :

Vertical: ± 0.8m. Horizontal: ± 2.5m

It's common to have a small amount of random adjustment due to GPS error, but a constant circular motion is a sign of something wrong. Try going through the compass calibration (toggling GPS/ATTI 6-10 times, then performing the two circles, as per the manual), and doing the IMU calibration (through the NAZA-M assistant software), and see if that gets you anywhere. Also, make sure the NAZA-M brain is properly aligned with the board , not crooked. I don't believe you can get the GPS module out of true on the phantom, due to the way it's screwed into the shell.

If towlet bowl effect happened on take off it happened to me. Hooked it up to the Naza assistant and found out the aircraft mixer setting was on t instead of x. Changed it to X and its flying just fine. It happened after I updated the software. Hope this helps

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4