GPS hold...

Reaction score
Is it just me or do you notice this with your phantom as well. Let’s say you have a 20 KPH wind and your flying your phantom in GPS mode. You pop it up to 50 feet and it holds it position very well. Then while still in GPS hold you slowly start to spin the phantom by JUST giving it rudder input. As I spin the phantom slowly the position hold is broken and the phantom drifts in the wind. As soon as I stop giving input to turn it stops moving and holds position again. My experience would suggest that the NAZA GPS hold is only active when NO controller input is given. And that as soon as any condoler input is given your basically flying in a type of ATTI mode. Anyone else have any experience or knowledge they can and to this please?

I believe the GPS is still in effect at all time but your stick input will take priority if it is larger than the output giving out by the IMU. Remember also that the GPS will not hold your Phantom on a dime but rather WITHIN a few square yards area.

Case in point, you can do a pirouette in a big circle around yourself using the HL.
Note: HL uses GPS but CL uses compass to work.

Mine would move a mile if i just spin it in GPS hold. Where as GPS hold with NO input it stays still. That was with Firmware 3.0 anyway...

jdawson said:
Mine would move a mile if i just spin it in GPS hold. Where as GPS hold with NO input it stays still. That was with Firmware 3.0 anyway...

Try spinning in ATTI mode and see what happens.
Better yet in MANUAL mode. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20