GPS & Cellular

Reaction score
I am looking to pick up an Apple I Pad 9" x 7" #MP2F2LL/A to use with the Phantom 3 Professional.
Will this I Pad work?
I was told I need one with GPS, but would I need one with GPS & Cellular?
I was going to purchase another Samsung Galaxy Tab E, the Android model, but it didn' gave GPS.
can you et tablets with just GPS and not cellular?
I just need the GPS. It's not a phone, so I wouldn' need cellular.
Help..............I' getting flustered.

I was told I need one with GPS, but would I need one with GPS & Cellular?
I just need the GPS. It's not a phone, so I wouldn't need cellular.
The tablet you mentioned is the only Android tablet I've seen that doesn't have GPS.
Unlike most Android devices, Apple only put GPS on their cellular iPads.

Whoever told you that you need GPS in your tablet might not have given you the full story.
The Phantom has a perfectly good GPS receiver itself and uses that for flight functions.
There are only two things that need a GPS enabled tablet.
Follow-me flight​
Resetting the homepoint to the current location of the controller.
If you are not using either of these features (and very few do) there is no need for a GPS enabled tablet.

I need GPS to run the Follow Me program, correct?
Is there a program similar to the Follow Me program everyone uses?
It hard to believe that not too many use the Follow Me program.
Is there something rong
With that program, or it just isn' worth the set up time.

I need GPS to run the Follow Me program, correct?
Active track is generally better than follow-me if you want that sort of thing.
It uses optical technology to identify and follow a target rather than GPS like the earlier follow-me.
Active track came in with the Phantom 4.
I'm not certain that's it's available for the P3 series.

I searched ACTIVE TRACK on the Internet and it says it is available on the Phantom 3.
It looks like the program I want to use to track my buddy and his boat while fishing.
Right now, I'm getting a list together of the cool programs to use with the Phantom 3 Pro.
Any other programs that you can think of I would like?
I know I will have to try them all, but I figured that you all have been flying for a while, and you have tried many programs, and which ones don't need GPS.
Thanks for the input on ACTIVE TRACK vs FOLLOW ME programs.

Last edited:
I searched ACTIVE TRACK on the Internet and it says it is available on the Phantom 3.
It looks like the program I want to use to track my buddy and his boat while fishing.
Right now, I'm getting a list together of the cool programs to use with the Phantom 3 Pro.
Any other programs that you can think of I would like?
I know I will have to try them all, but I figured that you all have been flying for a while, and you have tried many programs, and which ones don't need GPS.
Thanks for the input on ACTIVE TRACK vs FOLLOW ME programs.
If you have the TapFly make sure you are high enough to clear the trees. Don't ask me how I know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31