GPS Cable Port

Reaction score
Recently had a crash and now not receiving GPS signal on Phantom 3 Standard. Pulled off top of shell and found the GPS cable port was broken and not making connection with the mother board. Would like help in finding where I can find a replacement part. Thanks!

Got a detailed photo of the broken parts?

1498403950916.jpg
1498403959116.jpg
1498403962724.jpg

I'm not sure if that part can be reattached to the center board. If not, you'd have to buy a new center board. If you need to go that route, you can purchase a center board here on Amazon or here on eBay.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid this may be the only fix.
Are you handy with a soldering iron or do you know someone who is handy with a soldering iron?

To me, it sure looks like something that could be put back in place. If it were mine, I would definitely first try to snap it back in place and solder the connections back to the board before I would buy a whole new board. If that didn't work, I might even try to rig something to bypass the connector if I had to before I would buy a new board. It's not a cost savings thing, though that is a bonus. I'd just enjoy trying to make it work, and from your pictures it looks like it wouldn't be too difficult.

Just something to think about. Good luck!

Reactions: JoBe
I think it actually snaps in place but one of the ends are broken and wont stat in place. May be able to take the female plug off the gps cable and solder. It has really small wires but it may be possible to solder. Thanks for the suggestion.

I think it actually snaps in place but one of the ends are broken and wont stat in place. May be able to take the female plug off the gps cable and solder. It has really small wires but it may be possible to solder. Thanks for the suggestion.
i can solder that back one.
did dozens of them.

Reactions: JoBe and harley140
Hey I know it’s been a while since the original post but I have a similar issue with a phantom 3 pro I just bought. The GPS port is missing entirely, likely from a previous owner, and because of this I obviously cant fly it. I’d strongly prefer to not buy a new motherboard so if anyone has other suggestions on how to replace the missing GPS port please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj