GPS and ATTI

Reaction score
Hi everyone..... What's the difference between ATTI and GPS? When do I use ATTI and when do I use GPS?

Use gps always unless you can't. In attitude mode you will experience drift and your craft will be influenced by 'uppers', (wind AGL) making it more difficult to fly.

That said, if it ever tries to do something you don't want it to do --you fly under a big metal bridge and your sensors go nuts, ATTI cuts out the fancy and makes the craft regain control in an emergency situation.

So if I'm just having fun flying around, what should I be in?

P-GPS. If you lose gps signal for whatever reason it will automatically change to P-atti.

Personally but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong anyway, I never use straight ATTI unless it is reactive to a bad situation.

Start with GPS then switch to Atti. to see the difference.

In GPS mode it basically parks itself in the spot where you let go of the sticks.

In Atti. mode it will continue to coast along instead of parking.

EDIT (add): It will also drift with the wind in Atti. mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: GMayberry
Yeah exactly. Get the feel for it because the first time you see it drift it may surprise you. You're essentially making your craft similar to one of the cheap ones without the stability of a phantom.

Oh ATTI also makes it go much faster if you're high up and have already done a flight control check and wind check.

True.

In Atti. mode the MC allows a but more max. tilt angle so horizontal speeds are faster.

Everyone should be familiar with flying in ATTI in case something goes wrong. Practice ATTI often and know how to fly without the aid of GPS.

Reactions: henick
Hi everyone..... What's the difference between ATTI and GPS? When do I use ATTI and when do I use GPS?
>>>Edit<<<
Sorry folks ... this is from the P3 manual - not relevant to the P2
The manual explains the different flight modes well.
Note the last two lines if you want to use them.
i-cc3dZfs-L.jpg

Last edited:
Also what causes flyaways? Because I have herd that flying in GPS is dangerous because it could connect to something different

Also what causes flyaways? Because I have herd that flying in GPS is dangerous because it could connect to something different
Lots of discussion on this board about Flyaways so I would recommend you search and read those posts. Bottom line is read and follow the directions and you will dramatically reduce the chance of a flyaway.

GPS = filming :)
Atti = fun while filming ;)
Manual = a ton of fun full control :D

The manual explains the different flight modes well.
Note the last two lines if you want to use them.
i-cc3dZfs-L.jpg

This post/forum is with regards to P2s ... correct???

what causes fly aways,, million dollar question.
more are most likely users panicking and using features they are not ready for vs failure of drone

as long as you verify your gps home lock is set , GPS flying is far easier and is NOT dangerous. It is GPS it cant "connect" to anything else.

make sure you set your s button for failsafe in assistant if you are using atti mode,
also if you have used the s switch for atti you can go back to GPS simply by switching it back to top position .

good luck and have fun flying!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1