GPH4 not working with 3D Gimbal!!!

Reaction score
The GP seats perfectly in the Zenmuse mount but there is no information being sent to my monitor or Fatshark, the screen is dark. I'm a bit confused because it appears that some people have been able to make it work based on internet videos I have watched. My gimbal mates with the rear connector on the go pro, the video I saw with it working seemed to have it plugged in from the side somehow. Do I need a new connector, or a newer version of the 3d Gimbal, or something else? This is very frustrating, I just dropped $500 on a better camera and now it won't work!!!

Any help is appreciated.

Mark

There are a few other threads on the GoPro 4 not providing FPV if it is the V1 H3-3D gimbal. The USB ribbon cable, V2 seems to work OK.

Thanks, I'm not sure what exact gimbal I have? Do you think I can just order the USB ribbon regardless of exact gimbal type?

If you have the Zenmuse and have to plug in a USB cable you have the version 2 and that will work. If not you have a version 1 that connect soley with the back connector. I am not sure yet if the USB cable can be added to a version 1, I am looking into it as I have the version 1. Many here have removed the USB cable from Version 2 and added the back connector for a more stout install. I just don't know if you can go the other way or not.

Rats, it seems I have the version 1. If you gather any information regarding it and compatability, I would very much appreciate it!

wieland said:
Rats, it seems I have the version 1. If you gather any information regarding it and compatability, I would very much appreciate it!

I ran into the same problem today! It sucks! Let me know if you come up with a fix. Im going to call dji tomorrow, im sure they will be no help but ill keep you posted if i come up with something

So, I have the gimbal that does not work with GP4. The one with the connectors on the back. I need to buy the one that DOES fit. I think this one has the connectors on the side? Can someone tell me exactly what I should be looking for please? Thanks!!!

Yes you will need the one with USB connection.

Thanks for the info, one last question. Can I assume that the USB type gimbal will come with the cable that is required, or do I order that separately?

wieland said:
Thanks for the info, one last question. Can I assume that the USB type gimbal will come with the cable that is required, or do I order that separately?

It comes with the ribbon cable with the usb connector for the GoPro so you do not need to oder anything else.

Misleading title. The H4B works just fine with the the H3-3D v2 gimbal which uses a ribbon cable to interface to the GoPro.

ianwood said:
Misleading title. The H4B works just fine with the the H3-3D v2 gimbal which uses a ribbon cable to interface to the GoPro.

Only 50%(20%? 15%?) misleading since the GPH4 does not work with the H3-3D v1. That's a fact sunshine.

What is really misleading and utterly useless are the posts wherein clueless twats suggest that the H3-3D V1 owners need to buy a new gimbal to use their GPH4 with the H3-3D.

If you have H3-3D V1 all you need is a $4 part to use a GPH4...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... e_for.html

You guy's with the Version 1 of the H3-3D Gimbal can sell your Gimbal's for a premium. Everybody with a Hero 3 wants them because they Don't have the usb ribbon connector

Or trade with someone - the ribbon cable is kind of a pain

Bloody typical ha i search high and low to find a V1 Zenmuse h3D and i mean HIGH AND LOW!!! not easy to find haha and then I find out its no good for the Hero 4 God daaayumn!! Guess ill just stick with my 3+ for now. Will have a h2d up for sale soon :D

Gilbert Gomes said:
ianwood said:

What is really misleading and utterly useless are the posts wherein clueless twats suggest that the H3-3D V1 owners need to buy a new gimbal to use their GPH4 with the H3-3D.

If you have H3-3D V1 all you need is a $4 part to use a GPH4...

This post is misleading. If it even works there is more to it than buying this cable. There is no opening in the V1 back cover to have the USB cable exit. I would rethink your comment on clueless twat.

PhantomPhreak said:
This post is misleading. If it even works there is more to it than buying this cable. There is no opening in the V1 back cover to have the USB cable exit. I would rethink your comment on clueless twat.

There is no USB cable involved. More cluelessness.

Buy $4 cable (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... e_for.html)
Remove Hero bus and disconnect from control board (6 screws)
Bust out a drill and create a small opening
Connect $4 cable to control board and pass through opening
Elapsed time, even if you're really slow and cautious - 5 minutes

Yes. Suggesting that folks need to buy a V2 H3-3D gimbal to use a GPH4 is clueless.

Gilbert Gomes said:
PhantomPhreak said:

There is no USB cable involved. More cluelessness.

Buy $4 cable (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... e_for.html)
Remove Hero bus and disconnect from control board (6 screws)
Bust out a drill and create a small opening
Connect $4 cable to control board and pass through opening
Elapsed time, even if you're really slow and cautious - 5 minutes

Yes. Suggesting that folks need to buy a V2 H3-3D gimbal to use a GPH4 is clueless.

Ok Gomer, As I stated above and you confirmed there is more to it than buying and installing the cable. Clueless? The link you gave for the cable is described "DJI Replacement USB Output Connection Cable" how is it not a USB cable. After you pass it through the opening are you not connecting it to the "USB" port on camera?

PhantomPhreak said:
Ok Gomer, As I stated above and you confirmed there is more to it than buying and installing the cable. Clueless? The link you gave for the cable is described "DJI Replacement USB Output Connection Cable" how is it not a USB cable. After you pass it through the opening are you not connecting it to the "USB" port on camera?

Please see above. "all you need is a $4 cable." This is true. You do not need to buy a new gimbal. Please continue to miss the point though.

Re: USB cable. No it is not a USB cable. The cable connects the control board to the video output board. Read the description in the provided link again. Then Google pictures of USB and spend some time pondering the difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers