Got the P4 Battery curse.

Reaction score
Just when you thought it wont happen to you. Hello guys. I have been struck by the not charging epidemic too. Im fairly new here so i would really appreciate some help. I have read countless posts about this issue, sadly i feel it doesn't get addressed enough. So classic symptons overall. 3 lights charge max and it cuts out. And it's discharging super fast. With the craft idle i lost 5percent in 2 min. I have a scree recording of it. I am having trouble uploading here. Should i do the re flow thing or get a new controller? I recently got into the hobby despite having the p4 for over a year. So warranty is off. Does a p4p controller works with the p4?
I would really appreciate all the inputs. Im grounded for now. Not worth the risk.

I'm confused here about what battery you are talking about. Is it the controller? If so, it doesn't matter if the craft is idling or not. Or is it the Phantom battery that is discharging?

If it is the controller, it can indeed be the issue with solder micro fractures. You can try to re-flow the solder but that needs to be done carefully, and without any guarantee of success.

No the P4P controller does not work with the P4.

Yes i meant the p4 controller battery. I don't think that the battery should drain that quickly, idle or not. At this rate i will have only 20min flight time. So definitely a problem within. Although a lot of people said the go app did show low battery, even tho they keep flying much longer.

Reflow the main RC board in the areas where the charging port and battery connector are. I has worked for me on 2 different P4 RC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31