Got The P3S Out To One Mile!

Reaction score
WOOOOOO-HOOO! What a flight! I have been flying this same field since I got my P3S and knew I have several miles of direct LOS. So far I've had her out to .7 mi. So tonight I said what the hell, let's see what this girl can do. So I took her up to 250 ft and let it rip. 25 MPH alllll the way out to one mile! Actually, 5,425 ft. The shocking part as I still had full signal on video and remote the whole way. When I got out to a mile I figured I better turn around, my curiosity had been settled. For some reason I started losing signal when I turned around but quickly regained it and flew her home manually. Had to fight a headwind/crosswind combination on the way back but still had 65% battery when I got it back. Based on Dji saying the Standard has a .42 mi range, I'm pretty friggin impressed. Sometime soon I'll have to try it again at maybe 400' and see how much further I can get.

Reactions: 66Fury and dirtybum
congrats nice job

Awesome. I too have gotten mine out to a mile. 5300ft. (stock P3S)
I lost control and video but she came back to me.
Installed the ARGtech antenna mod. 1 mile is not so hard to do anymore.
I also keep video and control. Actually, I will never need to go out that far unless the wind takes me..

Here's a screen shot of my Litchi screen from the max distance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-25-19-50-41.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-25-19-50-41.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 497
due it over water and watch your butt pucker the first time

Reactions: Gary M
due it over water and watch your butt pucker the first time

I wish I could but I don't have any water near me that I can go that far over. Pretty much just creeks, rivers and small ponds. I need to get it out to the Chesapeake Bay or Lower Potomac and try it out.

Congrats, Gary! If you kept good line-of-sight, I doubt the extra altitude would make a big difference. Try it and see, let us know.

Congrats, Gary! If you kept good line-of-sight, I doubt the extra altitude would make a big difference. Try it and see, let us know.

I kind of wondered that after I said it. Would the extra 150' really make a difference? With the amazing LOS I have here, I doubt it.

Congrat gary.
If you scout some safe and private spot 1 to 1.5 miles away. You can fly one way, land it and drive over and pick it up.
No need to worry about battery or headwind.

Go for it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Techcop50
Keep going till it goes into RTH. :D
I had mine stock out to 4000' and another member here went to 6666' stock.
For the cost, the P3S gives the most bang for your buck!

Keep going till it goes into RTH. :D
I had mine stock out to 4000' and another member here went to 6666' stock.
For the cost, the P3S gives the most bang for your buck!

I'm starting to think the same thing. Hell, $500 (Well, the kit I got was $650) and it will go that far?! And really, I don't NEED to go any further. This distance thing is a novelty I guess. For photographic purposes, the distance this Standard gets is plenty.

Reactions: Nickster
Off topic but kinda still on it, does litchi record your flight? I wouldn't mind watching that mile video! Pretty awesome man! This weekend I'll test out my new ARGtek antenna install!

Do you want screen video or camera video? Or both? I haven't figured out how to get Litchi to screen record. Is it maybe not an option on Android?? But I have an app that records it. And of course flight video from camera. It's unedited though.

I'll post videos of the flight sometime soon. For some reason it wont let me post videos here that arent edited yet.

Whatever you feel like, no rush! I never get enough of them!

I'll post videos of the flight sometime soon. For some reason it wont let me post videos here that arent edited yet.
Videos need to be hosted someplace and you use the link here which will display it. ;)

Reactions: Techcop50
WOOOOOO-HOOO! What a flight! I have been flying this same field since I got my P3S and knew I have several miles of direct LOS. So far I've had her out to .7 mi. So tonight I said what the hell, let's see what this girl can do. So I took her up to 250 ft and let it rip. 25 MPH alllll the way out to one mile! Actually, 5,425 ft. The shocking part as I still had full signal on video and remote the whole way. When I got out to a mile I figured I better turn around, my curiosity had been settled. For some reason I started losing signal when I turned around but quickly regained it and flew her home manually. Had to fight a headwind/crosswind combination on the way back but still had 65% battery when I got it back. Based on Dji saying the Standard has a .42 mi range, I'm pretty friggin impressed. Sometime soon I'll have to try it again at maybe 400' and see how much further I can get.

The stats show and many video examples the p3s will do 1.3 miles good luck on your next adventure!

Make your self a windsurfer and you'll get this. (2mls) Maintained video and Rc

86e1c49bf63c177b94a4bd018f0ee927.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member