Got the GREEN ...

Reaction score
OMG, this makes no sense at all. I was getting all the materials together in order to return my new P-3 Pro back to B&H. It has never left the ground because of that #$%^#@&# red “Firmware Update Required”. One last try with the micro SD card . Format. Download. Follow directions to the letter. Do the aircraft. Do the controller. Fire everything up. Here comes that darn red warning on my Samsung Note-3 screen. WHAT ??? The screen note is NOW GREEN and says latest firmware installed. But, but, but I did NOTHING different this time than the times before !!! **** near fell out of my office chair. You know that feeling you get when you find something that was lost? This was way better than that. One thing for sure, I will be scared as hell to do any future firmware updates that come down the pike. Or maybe not ?!
Has this happened to any of you guys ???
-
Up, up, and away - but not over 400’ …
-
grrquadman

Yes. Happened to me.

I found that if I take it out side side it all up. Do the pre-flight checks. After a minute or two the Red warning will go away. and it shows that it has updated to 1.2.8. BUT it doesn't stay. I have flown it, but it worries me. My Galaxy 10.1 display has frozen up on me while it was in the air. I was still able to control it, but I did lose the display and had to reboot my tablet.

Very worrisome flying.

I see it from time to time. I just ignore it and it goes away on its own.

Yup, the red "update required" did disappear after a few seconds and I'd get the "safe to fly" message. BUT, until yesterday, I had NEVER seen the green "latest firmware installed" note.
I was very happy to see that sucker and I hope it sticks around awhile !
I still have no idea why the install finally worked after MANY attempts.

Yeah, I had a time upgrading to 1.2.8 and contacted DJI support that told me to wait for 25 minutes and after that it seemed to work. Hated the updated firmware. On the IOS app though I would get the warning but it would not prevent flight.

Go fly and enjoy that thing!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic