Got P3P back from DJI Repair with updated firmware - bad results!

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else had issues with their video being "choppy" after upgrading to the new 1.7 firmware? My bird was on 1.6 but when I got it back from DJI repair for shell cracks, they had updated the firmware on it to 1.7. The video was horrible as far as being stuttering or choppy looking. It would be very choppy if you were tilting the camera up or down, yawing left or right, or moving forwards or backwards. So I reflashed the firmware back to 1.6 and the problem went away. Just wanted to share.

Thanks,
Steve

Reactions: StevenQX
Just wanted to clarify, the hesitating or choppy video was on my ipad air, and the results were the same in the actual recorded video that I pulled off of the sd card.

The problem is most likely in your ipad. It's possible there are more processes in the newer firmware in which your device now struggles because a lack of resources.

The problem is most likely in your ipad. It's possible there are more processes in the newer firmware in which your device now struggles because a lack of resources.
The ipad or whatever device you are using doesn't affect the video that's saved to the sd card on the phantom itself. At least that's how I've interpreted what I've read.

The ipad or whatever device you are using doesn't affect the video that's saved to the sd card on the phantom itself. At least that's how I've interpreted what I've read.

You're correct. In that case it's time to check the flat gimbal cable and small wire harnesses. There are two you can inspect.

You're correct. In that case it's time to check the flat gimbal cable and small wire harnesses. There are two you can inspect.
If it was a hardware problem (gimbal cable), I would think the issue would be there regardless of the firmware version, however, it is not.

Maybe you suspect it being a issue in the firmware when it could be from poor handling while at DJI Repair?

Either way, if it was a "hardware issue", the problem would be there no matter what software/firmware you run on it. At least that's how servers and network switches/routers work. I can't see these being any different as far as software versus hardware causing the problem. The bottom line is the issue is there with DJI's new firmware and not with the previous. Don't know any other way to explain it.

Reactions: Reed L
I also didn't hear what desirable benefits are with 1.7 over 1.6 if 1.6 works excellent for you.

Maybe you suspect it being a issue in the firmware when it could be from poor handling while at DJI Repair?
I also know the handling may have not been up to par. When I got it back I had to finish squeezing the top and bottom shells together on 3 of the sides until i heard them snap together as there were huge gaps between the shells. Not to mention the bolts in the arms were so tight that I'm surprised there weren't cracks in it by the time it was shipped back to me. Luckily there wasn't and I loosened all of the screws in the arms to prevent future cracks.

If it was a hardware problem (gimbal cable), I would think the issue would be there regardless of the firmware version, however, it is not.
just got my bird back from dji repair,sent in for problem with right joystick.not only did they send new rc,they replaced shells,ribbon cable and landing gear....all for less than 100$.evrything works perfect,needless to say im very happy

Reactions: Digdat0
just got my bird back from dji repair,sent in for problem with right joystick.not only did they send new rc,they replaced shells,ribbon cable and landing gear....all for less than 100$.evrything works perfect,needless to say im very happy
Sounds like a good deal!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20