Got my refund from DJI Online Sales

Reaction score

pixel.gif

scr_emailTopCorners_580wx13h.gif

pixel.gif

I got my refund from DJI sales today.

Mar 30, 2016 02:37:27 PDT
Transaction ID: -------------------------

www.dji.com just sent you a full refund of $1,399.00 USD for your purchase.

If you have any questions about this refund, please contact www.dji.com.

The refund will go to your PayPal account.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Merchant information
www.dji.com
[email protected]
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
+852 24873091
Notes from merchant
None provided

Original transaction details
Description Unit price Qty Amount
Phantom 4
$1,399.00 USD 1 $1,399.00 USD
pixel.gif

Insurance: ----
Total: $1,399.00 USD

Refund to PayPal Balance: $1,399.00 US

pixel.gif

scr_emailTopCorners_580wx13h.gif

pixel.gif

I got my refund from DJI sales today.

Mar 30, 2016 02:37:27 PDT
Transaction ID: -------------------------

www.dji.com just sent you a full refund of $1,399.00 USD for your purchase.

If you have any questions about this refund, please contact www.dji.com.

The refund will go to your PayPal account.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Merchant information
www.dji.com
[email protected]
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
+852 24873091
Notes from merchant
None provided

Original transaction details
Description Unit price Qty Amount
Phantom 4
$1,399.00 USD 1 $1,399.00 USD
pixel.gif

Insurance: ----
Total: $1,399.00 USD

Refund to PayPal Balance: $1,399.00 US

What a shame :( See Ya, Bye!

I'm definitely keeping mine... At least until new version comes. Not going back to P3 or P2., I loved them (especially P3) but P4 is here to stay for a while :D

I'm definitely keeping mine... At least until new version comes. Not going back to P3 or P2., I loved them (especially P3) but P4 is here to stay for a while :D

totally agree! I'm in the exact same place :) Personally i like the P4 way better than i anticipated, all it took was the first flight to fall in love with the little lady ;)

Reactions: tbird68
P4 is a good little bird... my "superior" P3 Pro will be on eBay before the weekend.

Why did you return?

I returned my un-opened P4
I was reading all the posts about the range & battery issues, so I figured I can return it now, and order a another P4 when they get the range issue solved.
The battery times don't bother me, and I certainly don't need the advertised 3.1 miles, but I would like to get at least, the range I got with my P3P, a solid 7000 to 1000 feet.

I returned my un-opened P4
I was reading all the posts about the range & battery issues, so I figured I can return it now, and order a another P4 when they get the range issue solved.
The battery times don't bother me, and I certainly don't need the advertised 3.1 miles, but I would like to get at least, the range I got with my P3P, a solid 7000 to 1000 feet.

So you returned it for absolutely no reason lol.

Reactions: mmee1992
Thats what it sounds like.

No, didn't return it for absolutely no reason !!
There have been many, posts from both experienced & new pilots, stating that the achieved range and FPV, is LESS, than the P3P.
Some distance reports are better than others, but DJI states up to 3.1 miles, which can be any distance anywhere from 10 feet to 3.1 miles
That is the deal breaker for me, I didn't want to spend $1399 for a downgrade in distance, so I took advantage of the return policy.
At least I didn't fly it around for a week before I returned it to Apple or DJI, as many other have done.
I'm in no rush, I got my money back, and when the range issue is sorted out, I will probably buy another.

So you returned it for absolutely no reason lol.

There have been a lot of reports of Max flight distances, from 1500 ft to way less than 1 mile, when FPV is lost, or RTH kicks in.
Read the threads about people reporting range issues.

It just seems that if you wait until no one is reporting problems, you will never have a drone. Any forum on any topic that I have ever been to is loaded with complaints about the product. All problems can be fixed and some problems reported are not even problems in the first place, the user is the problem or something else. As long as people are reporting good times and distances I am good with that. If they are getting it so can I.

Reactions: Techcop50
No, didn't return it for absolutely no reason !!
There have been many, posts from both experienced & new pilots, stating that the achieved range and FPV, is LESS, than the P3P.
Some distance reports are better than others, but DJI states up to 3.1 miles, which can be any distance anywhere from 10 feet to 3.1 miles
That is the deal breaker for me, I didn't want to spend $1399 for a downgrade in distance, so I took advantage of the return policy.
At least I didn't fly it around for a week before I returned it to Apple or DJI, as many other have done.
I'm in no rush, I got my money back, and when the range issue is sorted out, I will probably buy another.
Ken, after I realized the transmission quality in the P4 GO app wasn't set to 4mbps, that's when everything improved for me. Sliding the default setting of 10mbps to 4mpbs increased my range 3X. With a windsurfer I did this 15,000ft run as a test, shown below. At that point I was very content with P4, versus my P3P old motor craft. It works fine now. However, I have found that if you're flying with another drone pilot near you, no matter what channel both are on, manual or automatic, the distance does degrade.

If you're not in a hurry you may see some improvements on various other issues, but overall it's a fun craft that I'm now recommending to those that can afford it.

upload_2016-3-30_14-21-38.png

It just seems that if you wait until no one is reporting problems, you will never have a drone. Any forum on any topic that I have ever been to is loaded with complaints about the product. All problems can be fixed and some problems reported are not even problems in the first place, the user is the problem or something else. As long as people are reporting good times and distances I am good with that. If they are getting it so can I.

I have owned a P2V, a P3P, and a P3S.
Many new products, not just UAV's sometimes have issues, and I also know that DJI takes it's sweet time correcting the issues.
Ken, after I realized the transmission quality in the P4 GO app wasn't set to 4mbps, that's when everything improved for me. Sliding the default setting of 10mbps to 4mpbs increased my range 3X. With a windsurfer I did this 15,000ft run as a test, shown below. At that point I was very content with P4, versus my P3P old motor craft. It works fine now. However, I have found that if you're flying with another drone pilot near you, no matter what channel both are on, manual or automatic, the distance does degrade.

If you're not in a hurry you may see some improvements on various other issues, but overall it's a fun craft that I'm now recommending to those that can afford it.

View attachment 48997

Thanks, for the kind, and informative response.
It is appreciated.

I understand why you returned it unopened to DJI so you could get a refund. However, as previously stated I think the problems you mentioned are not the experience of all the new owners. If you choose not to fly at all while DJI sorts out the fixes for the perceived problems well that kind of sucks. A simple fix for the range problem is a $12 Windsurfer, works great on mine. I think you took yourself out of the game too soon. Go to Apple and purchase the P4 and fly it and see if you encounter any problems. That way you have at least 14 days if you still choose to return it. Good luck!

View attachment 48997

This requires you to be using Custom for your HD feed. Not always ideal in a somewhat congested area.

I understand why you returned it unopened to DJI so you could get a refund. However, as previously stated I think the problems you mentioned are not the experience of all the new owners. If you choose not to fly at all while DJI sorts out the fixes for the perceived problems well that kind of sucks. A simple fix for the range problem is a $12 Windsurfer, works great on mine. I think you took yourself out of the game too soon. Go to Apple and purchase the P4 and fly it and see if you encounter any problems. That way you have at least 14 days if you still choose to return it. Good luck!

Thanks, for the response.
I think that I will wait for a while to see whats going on.
Since many vendors & best Buy can sell , and ship the P4 starting April 1st, I'm sure that there will be a flood of new evaluations in the next week or so.
I still have my P3 Standard, and I still fly it, but it's only good for short distances.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20