Reaction score
Hello pilots!

Finally got my P3S today after a lot of reading and I love it!! It's way more easier to fly than I thought. The takeoff and landing are super-easy and I never felt the need to use the auto takeoff/landing. However, I must note that this is my second drone and I used one of those cheap palm sized drones to get used to the controls.

It was kinda windy today. but **** is this thing stable. I was scared at first but soon found myself pushing it to its limits (on the first flight haha).

The camera is incredible and quality video it produces is amazing. I used manual settings in log mode to shoot some footage today, you can watch it here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Overall I'm very impressed and contented by my purchase. Also ordered some ND filters today. Can't wait to try them out! You'll continue see some posts from me now onwards. :)

Hello pilots!

Finally got my P3S today after a lot of reading and I love it!! It's way more easier to fly than I thought. The takeoff and landing are super-easy and I never felt the need to use the auto takeoff/landing. However, I must note that this is my second drone and I used one of those cheap palm sized drones to get used to the controls.

It was kinda windy today. but **** is this thing stable. I was scared at first but soon found myself pushing it to its limits (on the first flight haha).

The camera is incredible and quality video it produces is amazing. I used manual settings in log mode to shoot some footage today, you can watch it here:

Overall I'm very impressed and contented by my purchase. Also ordered some ND filters today. Can't wait to try them out! You'll continue see some posts from me now onwards. :)
Where did you get your filters at. I need to get some.

Yeh I flew mine today. It was windy too, but i didn't go to high. I scare to see it drift away lol. Congrat to your new toy.

Welcome to the forum May :)
Please do report back on those filters after you try them. I have tried several and had issue's when I yaw and the horizon tilting
then coming down .Only way I found to get around it was to counter balance the camera with it on .
Would love some that worked :)
Thanks, man! From what I've read, these work pretty fine with the P3S. I'll post a review as soon as I try them on! :)

I thought that the those filters you put up there were only for the P3A or P3P.......??
Look at it again . Ya didn't read .
Orangutan-Didnt-Read-It-Dance-In-The-Rainforest-From-a-Commercial.gif
;)

Hello pilots!

Did you do anything special to make the high def version play? Whenever I post videos they start up in horrible quality and I have to play then a few times before they look good....

interested in these filters too :D i always thought that they were too heavy and would weigh the front of the camera down and push too much on the motor..

interested though in seeing them work :)

Did you do anything special to make the high def version play? Whenever I post videos they start up in horrible quality and I have to play then a few times before they look good....
Not sure where you are uploading them to but it takes a little while for mine to embed to the better quality .

You mean the high def version on YouTube? If so, dirkclod is right, it took around 5 minutes to show up in HD after processing.
interested in these filters too :D i always thought that they were too heavy and would weigh the front of the camera down and push too much on the motor..

interested though in seeing them work :)
Yep I've heard the same, though when I contacted PolarPro they said it works perfectly fine when the camera turns on. Let's see :)

FYI, your link is for the filters for the Advanced and Professional cameras. Below is the correct link for the filters for the Standard. The difference is the Advance and Professional filters screw onto the lens and the camera on the Standard does not accommodate that. These filters (below) are specifically for the standard and are a slip on mount.

Amazon.com : PolarPro DJI Phantom 3 Standard Filter 3-Pack : Camera & Photo

Reactions: FallingArdor
FYI, your link is for the filters for the Advanced and Professional cameras. Below is the correct link for the filters for the Standard. The difference is the Advance and Professional filters screw onto the lens and the camera on the Standard does not accommodate that. These filters (below) are specifically for the standard and are a slip on mount.

Amazon.com : PolarPro DJI Phantom 3 Standard Filter 3-Pack : Camera & Photo
Yep, those are the ones I ordered. Thanks for the correction!

Reactions: Phil Sutphin
I shot this on my second flight using the Point of Interest mode in Intelligent Flight Modes

Last edited:
I shot this on my second flight using the Point of Interest mode in Advanced Flight Modes

Great! It's good to know that you've tried them already. Have you had any issues with the camera with filter on? Dirk has tried a plenty of them and according to him the none of them worked perfectly and they disturbed the gimbal's balance.

Reactions: dirkclod
Great! It's good to know that you've tried them already. Have you had any issues with the camera with filter on? Dirk has tried a plenty of them and according to him the none of them worked perfectly and they disturbed the gimbal's balance.
I have not purchased the filters yet, so I cannot comment on that :) I do however own a Phantom 2 with the H4-3D Gimbal using a GoPro Hero4 Black and have a BlurFix ND Filter Amazon.com : SRP BlurFix Air ND4/CP Filter For GoPro Hero 3 Hero 4 Camera : Camera & Photo that did disturb the balance of the gimbal a bit. I ended up sticking a some balance weight on the back opposite of the camera mount which resolved that issue. I am hoping the Polaris Filters won't have that same issue, but we will have to see. I would most likely get that set sometime after the holidays as it doesn't seem prudent to be buying stuff for myself a few days before Christmas! :)

Not sure where you are uploading them to but it takes a little while for mine to embed to the better quality .

No, like when I clicked on my video links it seems to start out playing low quality and I have to change the setting to get higher quality, but when I click on others links they seem to start on the higher quality. I want to force the video to play in higher quality....here is a short example:

Reactions: Phil Sutphin

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic