Got my Nvidia shield tablet today, HELP!

Reaction score
I got my Nvidia shield today, and trying to get rid of unnecessary apps. Can I select a app that I not want, slide it up to top to "about ap" and drop it, there then on the pop up , click clear cache, then "force stop", then select "disable"? On the shield there is some game apps shield controller, shield hub and one other, can those be disabled?
Also the google play services, is it a vital app to the system or can I deactivate that one too?

I left all of them just turned off home wifi only use it to fly

Reactions: mcphipps
I got my Nvidia shield today, and trying to get rid of unnecessary apps. Can I select a app that I not want, slide it up to top to "about ap" and drop it, there then on the pop up , click clear cache, then "force stop", then select "disable"?

Settings - Apps - Click on app. If app can be uninstalled it will be a choice. Otherwise you can chose disable if you want.

On the shield there is some game apps shield controller, shield hub and one other, can those be disabled?
They can but I see little reason to disable them. If you are not going to use then and don't want to see them, you can hide them from within the settings.

Also the google play services, is it a vital app to the system or can I deactivate that one too?
I would not disable it.

Disabling app on the Shield is not going to make much of a difference.

same here only loaded dji go app then shut off home connection no problems so far

Took it out for a trial run today, burnt up 3 batteries, nearly a hour of flying, no issues at all other then difficulty to see the screen in the sun!

I would also remove the magnets from inside the back of the tablet..
Magnets and electronics like compasses etc dont always go well..

e5QJuz5.jpg

I wouldn't mess with it

if it was a issue dji wouldn't recommend that tablet all electronics have magnets

I was pleased with the performance of the tablet, only problem was seeing the screen with the sunlight! which is a issue with any phone or tablet.

sunshade solves problem

Mines doing great so far without disabling the unwanted apps. I Have a sunshade coming Monday and probably will also get some kind of anti-glare screen covers as well.

I didn't due anything to mine has worked great

I would also remove the magnets from inside the back of the tablet..
Magnets and electronics like compasses etc dont always go well..

e5QJuz5.jpg

2 p3's using same shield since late Dec and nothing but it works all the time completely untouched.

unsure of the reason to dissect unless something happened that would indicate need.

magnet post had no merit was just thinking out loud in my opioun

I was pleased with the performance of the tablet, only problem was seeing the screen with the sunlight! which is a issue with any phone or tablet.

I was surprised my motox pure ed I got a few months back is actually very visible in direct sunlight.
First thing I noticed about it,
I just really like the shield's screen size though,

Well the thing is several people have removed the magnets...
Another thought would be ... Would you like to be the one that has "something happened that would indicate need"??
Magnets are magnets.. I can set my P3P on my car (just metal no magets) and the compass goes funky.
The thing flys and and costs a lot why risk it? There are several Tuts and videos explaining how to remove them..
The videos are mostly from people that fly Phantoms or Inspires.
The are also mostly done by people that store their Shield in a case with their bird.
Don't do it if you don't want to.. Just informing you...
I personally knowing how sensitive electronics are wouldn't risk it. Plus if you are not using the case the magnets are intended for why keep them in there?
I would just remove them its not difficult.
However with all that said... Because of the screen being on the bottom of the list as far as performance in the sunlight I have opted to use my Daughters Tab S2 for Litchi missions
and my new daily driver is the iPad mini 4 cellular.
I tested the Shield and must admit its a cool device for the price. I just am really picky when it comes to how smooth the FPV is and how well the screen performs in sunlight. :p

Thanks all for the help getting up and going with that tablet. So far it been working great, had one problem this morning, but was my fault, booted out of sequence and got the disconnected, so powered every thing back off, rebooted up in sequence and had a good flight.
Now my next issue is just getting the videos and snapshots that can post them to FB and Youtube or to b able to email them. They way too big!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20