Got my new P3P with aircraft firmware 1.1.9+. Upgrade now? [FIXED]

Reaction score
Hi all,

I finally got my new P3P yesterday (long story). I installed several versions of Go App (from 2.4.3 to 2.8.1) on my Android tablet, even reset my tablet several times and it still show version: Aircraft N/A, RC N/A. Got frustrated and haunted by my first P3P experience, I finally tried my Ipad Air, using Go App Version 2.8.0, and it shows AC v 1.1.9+, RC 1.2.6. So it looks like the Go App does not like Android much. Should I upgrade the firmware? Or ask for a newer P3P? This one is W323A with W300B RC. I know some people like to get P3P with version 1.1.9 but I don't know what pros and cons there are. No flight yet until I have some time. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
I have the same as you. Just received a new P3P (eBay purchase) with the GL300B controller and W323A multi rotor. I updated the firmware on the multi rotor to the latest version no problem. I could not update the controller. I contacted DJI and they want me to send in the controller. Just FYI, the controller had no power when it arrived. Zero battery charge. Wouldn't turn on.

I've been looking for a way to fix this without having to ship it back to DJI. I mean, I'm out $800, I'd like to put the bird in the air.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I forgot to add. I have and IPhone 6 with V2.8.1 of the DJI go app and I get the same n/a for the aircraft and controller versions.

I forgot to add. I have and IPhone 6 with V2.8.1 of the DJI go app and I get the same n/a for the aircraft and controller versions.

From DJI forum, the RC GL300B cannot be updated via USB: it has to use the Go App. Please try it.
DJI Phantom 3 Advance & Professional Firmware Update- How To & Troubleshooting v1.8 - RC Groups

My RC did not have any power left when arrived: our P3P is an old version that was released last year and it was stated on the original ebay posting: ReleaseDate: 2015-05-05 (I got from RobertDigital). I spent time to research and contacted DJI support: the good news is that the version we have is not too old, has new shell and motors and has a low FW version that people can play with the NFZ. I did get my Go App to show the RC and AC versions correctly 2 times, but I still don't know why and when it decided to show them. I upgraded AC firmware from 1.1.9 to 1.2.6, 1.3.2 and stopped at 1.4.1. As for the Go app, I installed 2.4.3 first, then upgraded to 2.5.1, and suddenly all versions were shown. However I forgot to disable the auto update so it was updated to 2.8.0 that I don't like (slow down my Android tablet as I see its file size is bigger than previous versions). When I tried to re-install 2.5.1, the versions are back to N/A. I'm still trying to find a pattern and hopefully will fix this issue once for all. I will keep you updated of any progress.

Last edited:
I have the same as you. Just received a new P3P (eBay purchase) with the GL300B controller and W323A multi rotor. I updated the firmware on the multi rotor to the latest version no problem. I could not update the controller. I contacted DJI and they want me to send in the controller. Just FYI, the controller had no power when it arrived. Zero battery charge. Wouldn't turn on.

I've been looking for a way to fix this without having to ship it back to DJI. I mean, I'm out $800, I'd like to put the bird in the air.

It's fixed! Not sure what did the trick but I think there is some Go app "remnant" laying around somewhere that affected the new installation. Here are all steps I did:
- clear online data from Google+ app so that no app data is saved online
- disable Google+ app from device
- uninstall Go App
- manually delete the "Android" and "DJI" folders from my "storage" local disk of my android tablet
- install 2.4.3: it works right away after the installation

I don't have any problem with my IPad as it displayed those versions correctly.
You may uninstall the Go app, delete the DJI folder and anything Go app related items you can find and hopefully some magic will happen. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31