Got my new Gimbal.

Reaction score
Well chuffed, My new gimbal arrived this week.

Managed to get an early order from these guys...http://quaternium.es/

just needed a way to mount it to my Phantom, so i sketched up a mount with Gary, (phantom pilot member) in 3d CAD and popped it off to a 3d printers in Belgium. My new mount should be here in a couple of days, once its all fitted up ill put some demo vids up.

I was tempted by the genuine DJI one which looks very cool, but when the CEO keeps saying he will try and keep it under $1000 he lost me.

This gimbal was £160 delivered and the mount wasn't expensive.

Here is a quick look at what i got.
IMG_3006_zps11495d22.jpg

The DJI gimbal, when available, has 3 axes of rotation, and is controllable from the ground, so not quite the same thing as the one you have purchased. However, I certainly won't be ponying up for one at DJI's price point.

Michael McBain
Melbourne, Australia

MX45OR said:
did you mess with any settings yet or did you just plug it in and "play"
nope nothing yet, just plugged the power in and that's it.

mmcbain said:
The DJI gimbal, when available, has 3 axes of rotation, and is controllable from the ground, so not quite the same thing as the one you have purchased. However, I certainly won't be ponying up for one at DJI's price point.

Michael McBain
Melbourne, Australia

You can control this one from the ground, i use a spare channel from my Devo handset to move the camera. obviously only up and down movement as its a 2 axis gimbal, but if it was 3 axis all your going to get is the Phantom legs in shot.

I honestly can't see the point in a 3 axis unless you have no landing gear at all.

and with no landing gear you will need to take off and land in a bucket or something that will hold the quad and give the camera space.

what if you need to land in an emergency, stuff landing on my gimbal and GoPro 3. lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj