Got my drone insured

Reaction score
State Farm is insuring it for $5.00 a month. This includes fly aways, thefts and crashes. Thought it was a pretty good deal myself. I'll fly a bit more at ease now.

Reactions: Reed L
I've done the same. No deductible is great. I have family that works at State Farm and it's a pretty simple personal articles policy that makes flying without worry great. I asked about the claim process and it's basically whatever I show as the amount I paid is what I would get if it were a loss. I even added my accessories to the policy. Combine that with AMA for liability insurance since I fly under their safety standards anyway, and it takes all the concern from flying as long as you do your part correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a State Farm Policy for my bird too. $60 a year with no deductible. Pretty easy choice.

Who are your agents and telephone numbers? Love to call and get quote and let them know that I was referred by you as seen on this site.

State Farm agents have received specific info on how to insure drones under personal articles policy. It's relatively new I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I live in Iowa. I just called my State Farm agent and I can get a "rider" to my homeowners, to cover my DJI P3P for $33 per year. Full coverage - it covers it for accidental damage, lost or theft. No liability. Gonna get it next week!

Going to go to my state farm agent also in my town I Will report back to you guys and let you know how it goes. I would not go through geico for anything in my life again. Had them for car insurance and they are worthless when you actually need anything from them. All they care about is you paying them and screw you if you make a claim.

Sent from my SM-S975L using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: sgf
What kind and how much coverage are we talking about? Is this just for replacement value for your drone in the event of a mishap ? You better make sure what you're getting for your money.

Going to go to my state farm agent also in my town I Will report back to you guys and let you know how it goes. I would not go through geico for anything in my life again. Had them for car insurance and they are worthless when you actually need anything from them. All they care about is you paying them and screw you if you make a claim. I agree. I had car insurance with Geico years ago . Never, ever again with Geico for me.

Sent from my SM-S975L using PhantomPilots mobile app

What kind and how much coverage are we talking about? Is this just for replacement value for your drone in the event of a mishap ? You better make sure what you're getting for your money.

It's a full coverage replacement cost policy. So if it's lost or totaled they will pay you what you paid new. If it is repairable they pay what it will cost to be fixed. Same type of policy that you can get on jewelry, guns, etc.

It's a full coverage replacement cost policy. So if it's lost or totaled they will pay you what you paid new. If it is repairable they pay what it will cost to be fixed. Same type of policy that you can get on jewelry, guns, etc.
Is it a standalone policy that only covers your drone, or do you have a homeowner or renter policy with State Farm that the drone was added onto? In Northern California I have a homeowner policy with AAA, which also carries my car insurance. Guess I need to call and ask if my P4 is covered, and if not, then can it be.

Is it a standalone policy that only covers your drone, or do you have a homeowner or renter policy with State Farm that the drone was added onto? In Northern California I have a homeowner policy with AAA, which also carries my car insurance. Guess I need to call and ask if my P4 is covered, and if not, then can it be.

It is a stand-alone policy. The only other item I have insured with them is I have classic car insurance on my Buick. I have homeowners through USAA.

Has anyone made a claim yet?

I called USAA and they only insure under homeowners for theft and fire, after deductible. So they are not offering anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31