Got my 2nd Phantom 1 have questions

Reaction score
I just receiced my 2nd P1. First one still flying well but at $379 shipped...I had to get it.
First thing I do is connect to assistant software and set all my parameters. I knew compass may be out but I wanted to set everything up first. All was working but it wouldn't let me select IOC. WHAT? My compass mod was around 3000. A window came up saying either gps was out of calibration or magnetic whatever was off. First....how does one calibrate gps?. Never heard of that.
So I disconnect from assistant, power down. I power back up and do compass dance in my front room. I reconnect to computer and compass mod is now about 1550. I can now select IOC. I dont remember that happening on my first Phantom. Next...my first Phantom is still on ver 4.00. I never upgraded it to 4.02. I hate to change things when I'm not having a problem. The new Phantom is already at 4.02. I have asked about the difference and have not really got a good answer as I recall. Does anyone know what the upgrade to 4.02 does?. This is the upgraded Phantom 1 with green led on tx with locking throttle in lowest position. I am not aware of any other differences. Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Just took it for its first flight. My first Phantom has prop guards. This does not. Looks smaller...not what I'm used to seeing. Held gps position well. Home and course lock working. Landed it without tipover. I actually like prop guards. Flew for about 8 minutes on new battery that came with it. Capacity cell checker still shows about 60% on battery left. The quad is raw...nothing extra on it....but that will change

The warning window about your GPS happens when the phantom is too close to your computer or some other object causing the warning. This happens to me all the time, and when I move the Phatom farther away the warning disappears.

I don't know the difference between 4.00 and 4.02 either but it flys good and I got 14.5 minutes on the new battery today using 9 inch props.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj