Got my 2nd battery today.

Reaction score
Charged it, turned the controller on and the drone. Tried everyway I could think of to do a update with my Note 4 in it.
And it wouldn't show me that there was a update.
It was the 53ah Battery.

Are you trying to update the battery? Batteries don't require updates. Just charge it up, plug it in and fly! :)

Are you trying to update the battery? Batteries don't require updates. Just charge it up, plug it in and fly! :)

In fact... some batteries DO require Firmware updates. I've had to perform it on two of my DJI OEM batteries purchased locally. Cardboard, make sure that you read the manual on how to do it correctly.

So wait, P4 batteries require updates?? I just bought 2 additional batteries for my P4, charged them up and I was on my way. How would I know if the batteries needed an update?? I thought only the P4 craft/ controller need updates.

My mistake if I'm wrong on this.

So wait, P4 batteries require updates?? I just bought 2 additional batteries for my P4, charged them up and I was on my way. How would I know if the batteries needed an update?? I thought only the P4 craft/ controller need updates.

My mistake if I'm wrong on this.

All Intelligent Flight Batteries may "potentially" require a firmware update from time to time, just like the bird and controller. When you launch the DJI Go app, you'll be notified if it's needed.

Oh, OK, Xeno probably bought his stuff all lately and everything was already up to date.

Whoa, I was corn-fused. Thanks G V.

Yea sorry bout that. I did just buy all my stuff, including my P4 recently. I guess it's all up to date. Go to know though and sorry to derail the thread.

Your new battery may have already had the latest firmware on it, as mentioned DJI Go will tell you if the firmware update is needed.

I'd add that the intelligent batteries being used are just that - there is a processor running firmware code to keep batteries safe, manage charging etc etc, from time to time DJI provides updates for this battery firmware.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

How would I know if the batteries needed an update?
You'll see a notification in the DJI GO app. See my firmware installation instructions here for more information.

What were you wondering about?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik