Got a few more white hairs today

Reaction score
I was just starting my flight today when about 400 ft out got a "warning: battery error, land as soon as possible" . Very very scary. Brought the bird very quickly back and landed (was up about 100ft) . When inspecting the drone I noticed the battery was slightly pulled out. I then remembered I showed the battery to a friend today and probably did not push it all the way in after that. I pushed it firmly in, did some more test flights which were perfect and had a big sigh of relief.
So - a very stupid mistake on my part, and thank God to the advanced technology which had the ability to inform me the battery was dislodged.
Note to self : always check battery sits tightly inside.

Reactions: JamesH
You are saved as this was an intermittent contact issue but would have resulted in to loss of your bird like dropping from sky.

We should always pay attention to any warning message generated by the system and try to find out the root cause of it before flying again. Even a small problem may lead to a big catastrophe.

Reactions: cyrusthevirus
I don't know how many lives these birds have. But you just used up one of them.:eek:

You're one lucky guy, Guy! I'm sure you'll be listening for that reassuring, positive "click" when you install the battery from now on.....

Well I get the worry.. Those moments are learning experiences

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Like a live round in the chamber, be sure to lock and load with confidence and care... Hate to see you perform a premature landing and unconventional abrupt stop....
Crushing more than a healthy ego. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: PEEFA
Like a live round in the chamber, be sure to lock and load with confidence and care... Hate to see you perform a premature landing and unconventional abrupt stop....
Crushing more than a healthy ego. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Lock and load ! Used that saying since the time I saw joe off family guy in bed scream it out!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Firearm safety courses are ingrained into my brain. Even though I am actually an avid archer/bowhunter.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20