GoPro3 White vs FC40 cam

Reaction score
So guys, before i dive into the gopro market, looking at the specs of the white, do you think it will be better than the fc40?

Yes.

The question really is it worth the extra money?

That I'm not sure.

Check out the sj4000 on the web.

Is it worth the money?

I say yes it does, if you lose it you won't or shouldn't shed a tear. 100$, probably beats the gopro 3 white too.

doesnt seem to have wifi though

wifi is a good option for an easy FPV option for the person who doesnt want to delve too deep into customizations

I've seen hero3 silver on sale at a number of places, it's $40 more than the white at amazon , only $20 if you have prime. And the silver is definitely an improvement over the fc40 cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But can you stream live(FPV) video from the gopro back to your phone like you can with the FC40 camera? Do you use the FC40 app or the gopro app on your phone?

PhantomPerk said:
But can you stream live(FPV) video from the gopro back to your phone like you can with the FC40 camera? Do you use the FC40 app or the gopro app on your phone?

yes you can.
The gopro 3's have wifi on them and their own app.
You can also use a repeater to extend the range

I have a GoPro 3 white which I sometimes use on my FC40 when I want better quality videos, The picture quality is a lot better and you have sound, The only down sides compared withe the FC40 cam is the GoPro weighs a lot more and the live video streaming App on iPhone is not live as there is around a 5 second delay, I use Phantom 2 props which give a longer flight time and lift the extra weight of the GoPro better and use the standard FC40 mount and have no problem with vibration.

dragonash said:
really?
the standard FC40 mount fits a gopro?
Do you have pics I can see?

The standard Fc40 mount straight up is a go pro mount. Put the hero in its case and it screws right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dragonash said:
So guys, before i dive into the gopro market, looking at the specs of the white, do you think it will be better than the fc40?

The Fc40 camera is terrible compared to the gopro.

It's only use is for fpv.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20