GoPro

Reaction score
I want to start taking Aerial Photos with my Quad Copter

Im using the Hero 3+

My questions is what is the best way to take the photos. People suggested that i take a video and screen shot the photo, others say use time laps and just set it low and take the best picture..

What does everyone think?

A screen shot is limited by the resolution of your monitor.
If you using the GoPro for FPV, then time-lapse may not be your best option.
You can set the camera to do video and photos together, but again FPV maybe an issue.

I video, then use QuickTime Pro to export an image sequence and use those exported frames for still images. Other software I would imagine can perform the same function, possibly even GoPro Studio (?).

GoPro studio does have the ability to export a image sequence. It is on the menu bar under "share". "Export still" is what you want, plus it then allows you to choose resolution quality.

Buk said:
A screen shot is limited by the resolution of your monitor.
If you using the GoPro for FPV, then time-lapse may not be your best option.
You can set the camera to do video and photos together, but again FPV maybe an issue.

I video, then use QuickTime Pro to export an image sequence and use those exported frames for still images. Other software I would imagine can perform the same function, possibly even GoPro Studio (?).

Wrong.

Export. Here's one of mine from a video.

Attachments

• CG2.jpg
    CG2.jpg
    852.7 KB · Views: 307
You will not get as high resolution in video modes and given the way the imager works, a still taken from video will not have the same quality as a photograph taken at the same resolution.

I set mine to record video & take a picture ever 10seconds

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl