GoPro wi-fi interference question.

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Quick question about the Wifi interference problem with the GoPro and the Phantom.... If i need to make changes to my GoPro in between flights am i able to use the wifi and app as long as the phantom is turned off? I've grown accustomed to using the app instead of the GoPro buttons themselves. It's just so much easier and more comprehensive... So when setting my camera up for the next shot i would be lost without it.

Thanks in advance!

cc

Yes as long as you shut the WiFi back off on the gopro when your done changing the settings .

No problem .
That's how I have been changing my setting a lot Easier to do on the phone .
Disconnect battery turn wifi on cam make my changes turn wifi back off plug in battery and take off . I forgot to turn wifi off one time glade I was out the farm things got a little crazy ended up crashing so just make sure you Turn Off the wifi on the cam .

hahaha thanks again! Ive definitely heard a few horror stories so i will be sure to turn it off everytime! ..i hope ...hahaha

cc

My Phantom went into the drink today. I was attempting to fly around a boat harbor. it was totally erratic and un-controllable. Sadly, I watched it crash into the harbor with my new gopro aboard. I think it was caused by wi-fi interference. Any opinions?

SeanMan said:
My Phantom went into the drink today. I was attempting to fly around a boat harbor. it was totally erratic and un-controllable. Sadly, I watched it crash into the harbor with my new gopro aboard. I think it was caused by wi-fi interference. Any opinions?
Yes that is a very good possibility wifi was your problem or something off a ship or a boat . I have had problems when changing out battery's and not waiting for the lights to stabilize (in a rush) and had bad flight with no control ended in a crash .
Sorry to hear you lost everything like that around $1000 gone that makes my stomach knot up I would be beside myself be looking for some SCUBA gear .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj