Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

GoPro USB port broken

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by Trippin, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Trippin

Has anyone had a problem with the USB port on their GoPro? Mine has broken free. If you had where did you get it fixed?

Thx

2. SanCap

What model gopro and how old is it. My go pro 4 Black USB port broke off and fell into the camera Gopro replaced the camera for me. I was very impressed.

3. Trippin

Hero 3 silver, a little over a year old.

4. SanCap

I would contact GoPro, they might be able to help you. Their customer service is excellent.

5. dptcalvin

My Hero 3 Black's WiFi button was faulty and I was 2 weeks beyond the 1 year warranty. They still replaced it at no charge to me (I paid for shipping my GoPro to them, that's it).

6. Jebus

I had an incident with my Hero 3 Black and the USB port broke right off the main PCB. I had a heck of a time finding a replacement 10 pin connector (finally found them on Ebay), but while I was waiting for it to arrive, someone else (thanks again BruceTS!) recommended something that I'm still using to this day. I haven't bothered replacing the USB port - as everything is working how I need it anyway, and there's a chance I could mess stuff up trying to solder in those tiny 10 pin connections.

Check out my two threads regarding this:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15128&p=137801#p137801

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15516&p=141583#p141583

Hope this helps!

*edit* - here's a couple of links that I had bookmarked that sell it:

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... ts_id=2309

http://team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:gopro_board

7. pilsburypie

Yep, I would contact GoPro - kind of a nicey nice email saying how great their gear is and how it's a disappointment that this has happened when you take good care of it. I find the nice approach works well in getting stuff replaced. Good Luck