Gopro USB messing with gimbal movement

Reaction score
Just wondering of anyone has had issues with the movement of their Zenmuse gimbal with a USB cable (to video transmitter) attached. Even if i have the cable very loose, the zenmuse doesnt like rotating with it attached and is going limp/resetting? when it tries to rotate past a certain amount of slack on the cable.

Ive tried feeding it straight up through the closest leg hole, keeping it loose and feeding it through the back leg hole, even just holding it loose and rotating the gimbal. just the weight of the cable seems to affect its rotation.

Why don't you use the AV out from the Zenmuse itself rather than connecting a cable to the USB port?

I disconnected the AV/Power connection in the gimbal for the gopro a while back as I've heard of a lot of issues with the gimbal frying the gopro/go pro batteries. I removed it to prevent any power from the gimbal to gopro.

But yes, thats the option im thinking i might just have to go with.

I have hundreds of flights using the Zenmuse AV out and have never had an issue. My GoPro does get super hot but it's never caused an issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1