GoPro Underwater case on Phantom 2? (with gimbal)

Reaction score
I've done some research and haven't found a good way to protect the GoPro Hero3 Black's lens when mounted to the Phantom 2's gimbal. Perhaps I just overlooked it...if so, could someone kindly point me to it? Or, if you know of a solution, please let me know.

On my V 1.1 I just use the GP underwater case...

Thanks!

I've heard the lens cover will throw off the balance. I would think that if you have a hard enough crash (that would scratch the lens), the gopro is the least of the concerns.

Hmmm. I have the lens covers but not the clear one...interesting...but now I wonder about the balance.....

I'm mainly concerned about small rocks, dust, and the possibility of chips during take off and landing....

you are worrying about something that will never be an issue. just clear the area before you take off. it doesn't move enough air to left pebbles. and catch it before you land it.

My phantom actually took a hard fall and now I have chipped screen on the gopro, I called gopro and they don't fix screens. Would be surprised if a small lens cap would throw off the balance, they are really small.

Ksc said:
you are worrying about something that will never be an issue. just clear the area before you take off. it doesn't move enough air to left pebbles. and catch it before you land it.

Exactly

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl