GoPro Tilt control modified

Reaction score
I have been flying my P2 for a few weeks now and one thing that annoys me is the camera tilt controller slider behind the TX.
So today I installed the replacement and I have to say guys, Its perfect. I now have precision control on where my GoPro is pointing. So I can now control how slow or fast I want it to move.
I saw this kit on ebay and decided to get one from the USA rather than get all the parts here myself.
Goods arrived today and Its all installed and working great.
In my opinion, if you want smooth control of the GoPro for your videos then this is a really great way to go about it.

Very happy with the outcome.
Switch_zpsbf19beec.jpg

I can also recommend this mod. I used a slider potentiometer for mine.

In the Advanced section of the Assistant Software, slowing the Tilt Control Gain right down to 1 or 2 gives me the perfect slow 'soft stop' movement of the gimbal that I need. However I found it easy to over shoot the movement until I got used to it! Fine now.

I use the same setup and it works great. Only thing I wished I had done different, is the placement of the knob. My left thumb and index finger cross paths when doing a ascent + camera tilt down, making it difficult to do a perfectly smooth tilt while doing a fly-over. In my opinion the knob is better placed to the left of the left stick?

Reactions: MUNS#114
Yes DKDarkness,
I agree but it wont fit. Lucky for me I have big hands and i can manage to loop the left control with my fingers without touching the stick.

Done the same thing, but located the knob on the back, so I can move it with my ring finger.

Not sure how much the kit is, but the parts can be bought for less than £10.

All you need is a 5K Ohm linear potentiometer, a control knob and 3 pieces of wire!

To fit, I cut the old trimmer off the board, as this gave me 3 "legs" to solder to. This limits the possibility of damaging the board.

Don't forget to recalibrate, so you can use as much of the knob travel as you want.

noiseboy72 said:
Don't forget to recalibrate, so you can use as much of the knob travel as you want.

Are you saying we can fine tune this through the DJI RC System assistant? IF so can you tell me how to work that one?
The way mine is set now, I have horizontal position on the switch set at 12 o'clock. and at 2 o'clock it is looking straight down to earth
A bit more turn would allow a better constant smooth turn even though its pretty smooth now

I calibrated mine in the RC Assistant first then in the phantom assistant. Its the only way to make use of the full rotation/travel of the pot. Then altered the gimbal tilt gain in the Advanced tab to be very slow.

Hey Irish,
Thanks so much mate for that advice.
I Calibrated it in advanced and WOW its fantastic I now have total control. SO Smooth too.
Just perfect.
Thanks again mate.

UPDATE:
Irish, today was a perfect day, very rare in this place but it was just perfect. So I took the P2 out for a quick flight to test the modified tilt control setup.
I cant believe how smooth it is. I can spin it from top to bottom and the transition is perfectly smooth. Again I thank you for the info mate. This P2 is starting to look like a serious contender.

Glad to be of help. Go and have a Coke now! :)

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31