GoPro Thought

Reaction score
Brand new P3S owner - first flight today. Went without a hitch, but will stick with beginner mode for a while :)

Down the road, I'm considering how I can fly my Hero4 and use its outstanding 4K and slomo video modes.
Has anyone mounted a gopro sticky mount underneath the battery compartment so a GoPro can be installed facing out the back of the P3S? Would this significantly impact the standard's flight characteristics?

It will not work. You will just be weighing it down. Also try flight simulator to help you get out of beginner mode.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have not tried it, but it may work despite what Tony thinks. However you won't have a gimbal to keep out the vibrations and movements. In the end, it's likely not worth it.

That is really what I meant. Of course you can tie anything to it. But will it be stable. I don't see how.

I think the Phantom would be no less stable than without it, but the footage wouldn't be great

You may of course fasten your Hero4 to the underside of the battery compartment facing rearward. You will experience reduced flight times & performance due to the increased payload & the Hero4 video quality will be poor due to the lack of dampening & stabilization. Perhaps setting up the intervalometer feature to take a series of stills during flight would produce better results?

Brand new P3S owner - first flight today. Went without a hitch, but will stick with beginner mode for a while :)

Down the road, I'm considering how I can fly my Hero4 and use its outstanding 4K and slomo video modes.
Has anyone mounted a gopro sticky mount underneath the battery compartment so a GoPro can be installed facing out the back of the P3S? Would this significantly impact the standard's flight characteristics?

Reactions: Phil Sutphin
Or, you could buy a Phantom 2 H4/3D and put your Hero4 Black on that. Then, you'll have 2 birds (as I do) :) The H4/3D performance is amazing. Of course, there's a lot more to it than that and you don't have the DJI App to control things with, but as far as actual video... well, you get the point. ;)

Reactions: Dirty Bird
You can always disconect the actual camera. Ive seen abunch a people do it.
And mount the go pro on the anti vibration mount. No gimbal thou

Thanks and looking forward to many flights before attempting to attach a gopro. I like the idea of setting it up to take stills every second or so. If anyone is bored, here are some first flight vids I put together.

First Flight: Includes a Return to Home test and auto landing

Second Flight: First manual landing

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4