GoPro support

Reaction score
How many flyer's are using a GoPro as their camera. I have a problem with my camera so I decided to give GoPro support in the UK a ring, after waiting a few minute's and number pressing to get to the right dept. The tech ask a few non topical question's I finally got to explain my problem, I said that I use the camera for aerial photography on a down link to a monitor/ recorder. When I told him this all I got "we do not support this kind of use", still trying to tell him what the problem was the next question was " what kind of SD card am I using" I told him that the problem had nothing to do with recording, all that was happening was the picture was jumping when plugged into a monitor, this was a problem on one camera and not on the other two that I had, anyway after trying to get through to him I gave up and said Good bye. If this is their policy then I bet people like Discovery Channel, MGM, or Universal or any other large user will not have this trouble, it most likely be "send it back and we will give you a new one no problems". I think they want to re-think their policy's, then again, a young billionaire in the Forbes List should be bothered. Perhaps if DJI stopped making their bit's for GoPro to fit it "MAY" make them look at thing's in a different light. Don't hold your breath though.

I'm sure you've already checked, but are all three cameras set to PAL or NTSC to match your monitor?

What other information can you give us? Happens with using a video transmitter and or when camera hooked directly to monitor? What monitor, what camera, anything else you can tell us?

I've had similar bad experiances with their customer service. They redeemed themselves eventually but it took nearly 6 months of back and fourth to get my way. That was on an overheating issue caused by the SD card though. This was over a year ago now.
I found them to be very scripted on what to ask and because 80%+ of problems that occur with the Hero's are SD related I can understand why they go there to begin with.

We definatley could do with more info on the issue. First place I'd be looking is the NTSC/PAL settngs (as suggested above) as that will mess up your video if you have the monitor set to the opposite of what the camera is outputing.

Next up would be to buy a new USB output cable... many are REALLY cheap and some have pretty shonky wiring in terms of shielding and solder.

The only way GoPro will deal with it is if you are using their official output AV cable. If that fails to work they will probably listen (unless its out of warranty of course in which case you won't get any help at all).

I feel for you cause its really annoying to have a glitchy camera. You are 100% correct that a large buyer would get instant treatment but that is just how it works and the individual is a mere drop on a very large and lucrative ocean to GoPro. I don't think DJI did any deals with GoPro for the Phantom, they just selected the best camera for the job and GoPro have sat on the profits of that decision.

Hope you manage to get it sorted but post a bit more info or better still a vid if you want some more help.

All my setting's are set as should be, the usb cable is one of their own, as there is no recording I can not see a problem there, I will get the cable checked by a friend who is a radio repair wizard and has all sort's of machine's I expect it will work out fine with a bit of fiddling around, if not I will get a new cable, perhaps a wire has broke inside. The thing that got my goat up was the way thing's were done and not being able to get a word in edgeways. I will just put it down to a little man against so called big man. Thanks for the support lad's.

chopperflyer said:
..... this was a problem on one camera and not on the other two that I had

Since this problem appears to only manifest itself on one camera (I am assuming they are identical models and running identical firmware?) After trying the suggestions above I would suggest re-flashing the FW.

+1 for the firmware flash. If you do need to fight the battle with GoPro you'll end up having to do that just to tick the boxes. I've had a bad AV cable delivered (not a GoPro one) so it is quite likely that could be it. Best thing to do is find someone local with a Hero3 and try it out or pop into a shop that sells them to see if you can test it out.
Those USB AV cables from GoPro are massively chunky and heavy anyway so well worth a £10 investment into an alternative at some point anyway :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl