Gopro stops recording after 10 seconds

Reaction score
H3-3d gopro hero 3

Starts recording but then stops after about 10 sec. It doesn't shut off it just stops recording. Gopro works fine when not attached to the h3-3d. Any ideas?

Loon said:
H3-3d gopro hero 3

Starts recording but then stops after about 10 sec. It doesn't not shut off it just stops recording. Gopro works normally when not attached to the h3-3d. Any ideas?

Try a different card, make sure it is class ten.

Ok, but why would that make any difference when the gopro functions fine when it's not in the gimbal?

I have had some problems before. I changed card and now I always turn on the GoPro BEFORE I turn on the Phantom, haven´t had any problem since then (doesn´t need to start recording, just turn the GoPro on).
The camera worked when it wasn´t in the gimbal but I got a lot of strange problems with the camera in the gimbal. Don´t know if the card (Class 10) was the problem or not, or if the GoPro got messed up when I turned on the Phantom.

had the same problem today. i formatted the card again and know i am testing to see if it recorded. Too bad the monitor does not show if its recording.

I had the same problem both before and after reformatting the card. I now start recording well before take-off and check it at the last minute, just to be sure.

pipito said:
had the same problem today. i formatted the card again and know i am testing to see if it recorded. Too bad the monitor does not show if its recording.

You can turn on the osd function on the gopro

I have to comment on this also, from my own experiences,,, never had issues prior then suddenly I would send out my P2 on a flight which I thought was great till It gets back and finding out it had stopped recording also,,,, checked everything also thinking the bluetooth maybe turning on and interfering...
It was also suggested to replace the card, I too didn't believe it, checked the gopro support suggestions and purchased a recommended card for the gopro3 black + and never had an issue since.
Something where the data recording to the card couldnt keep up.... Purchase a recommended card they are reasonably priced than before. It solved my issues.
Good Luck
wcough

I had this problem only record 10 seconds, when the card was formatted by the computer.
Or after downloading the videos, I deleted all folders by computer...

I formatted the card through the GoPro and he returned to recording videos properly.

I had this problem off and on with my Hero2. I replaced the card with a model explicitly recommended by GoPro (seach their website) and it never happened again. I also got a GoPro recommended card for my Hero 3 Black and have never had this issue.

The card that was causing the issue was a name brand class 10, but not a model recommended by GoPro.

wow thanks a lot for that recommendation turning on the OSD, of course!!! That way i know and don't waste battery. By the way i formatted the card and it worked. I turned on the camera pressed the record bottom before flight made sure it was recording for 10 sec and took off. it worked! But know i will keep an eye on the OSD, thanks,
felipe

Julio_vj said:
I had this problem only record 10 seconds, when the card was formatted by the computer.
Or after downloading the videos, I deleted all folders by computer...

I formatted the card through the GoPro and he returned to recording videos properly.
Yesterday I made a flight and it didn´t record as it should have, the video went totaly black. When I formatted the car on the computer it said that it was a 27.4GB card, but it´s a 64GB card. I formatted the card in my Samsung Tab 4 and now it shows 59.4GB. Did a new flight today and filmed for 24:49min without any problems.

I just recently for the first time recorded through my 3h-3d gimbal which used the USB connection to my 3Black+ instead of the buss connection that my 3H-2d gimbal used. I think that the ribbon cable that plugs into the USB connector will be very susceptible to keeping a reliable connection. I recorded 3 15 minute flights without a problem though. As you know, there is nothing in the Phantom that can control the recording other than supplying it with a good video signal. I personally am thinking of finding or building a 4 pin USB cable to feed video and power to the GoPro from the video transmitter. I think that would be a lot more reliable in the long run.

My process with the GoPro is that I pull the micro SD card out of the GoPro & put it in my computer and copy all the files to the computer. When that is finished, I delete all the folders and re-install the SD card back into the GoPro. This has been my process for the months that I have been using the GoPro mounted in my Phantom. I have never had a glitch as for as video goes. I think that unplugging the USB plug and plugging it back into the camera so I can get to the SC card is going to cause a video failure eventually. At least if it does fail, I will see the failure on my FPV monitor. BTW, I always power on my camera and start the recorder before I power up the Phantom. I've forgotten to start recording too many times to let that happen again.

I personally don't think that you have a problem with the camera. I would do a ground test by recording for about 10 minutes with the Phantom powered on. Video recording is why I fly the video, so it's pretty important to me to know that I'm recording OK.

I ended up formatting the card and upgrading the gopro firmware, haven't had any issues since. Thanks all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31