GoPro Status Before Flight

Reaction score
A word of caution - check the status of your GoPro before flight.

Had the strangest thing happen yesterday, installed new Zenmuse (I bought from a member here), mounted my Hero 3 Black and went out for test flight. About a minute into flight it started to get all "wonky" like it was taking RF interference, so I landed it quickly. As I get to it the blue light is blinking on GoPro indicating WiFi is enabled. Here's where it gets weird -Months ago I physically went into GoPro settings (when I got this G/P) and disabled WiFi. I'm going to contact GoPro for any possible solutions or ideas of why this happened.

Just wanted to pass this on, maybe add it to your pre-flight checklist

The wi-fi button on the side of the GoPro is very sensitive and can activate the wi-fi with the lightest touch sometimes.
You just have to be careful not to touch or bump it and double check it is off before you take off.
Switching off the wi-fi in the menu only switches it off,it does not disable the button on the side.

I have the Arris gimbal with the CF cradle the GoPro slides into and the wi-fi will often come on when I am putting the camera into the cradle if the button brushes against it on the way in.

It's a well know fact that the wireless can turn on in flight by itself , mine has done it on more than one occasion, luckily my phantom doesn't seen to mind it.

it's a GoPro problem, needs to be addressed

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31