GoPro really changes center of gravity

Reaction score
I put a GOPro on my FC40 for the first time today. It really changed the center of gravity. When taking off, it leans forward badly. Once it got airborne, it seemed to be okay.

Do I need to adjust to the settings in Assistant to allow for the extra weight of the GoPro?

I have a naked case ordered for my camera to lighten the load. I am also making links for the mount to move the camera back to the center of the base. Hopefully, the wider/taller landing gear I have ordered will allow use back there without the landing gear appearing in the frame.

I made a wedge and used Velcro to install my stock camera on the battery door.

Hi

I notice same thing, I install Gopro with case on to my FC40. Gopro+case weght 150gr.
During take off, it trying to go on it's nose. Now I have update my Phantom with gimbal, so it is little more nose-heavy.

Adjusting the C.G on Naza software, is not the right way, I think. If you could set C.G by placing battery behind the Gopro, is the better solution. (see my "4000mah battery on FC40" post)

I decided to move my GoPro back to the center of gravity. I ended up moving it back an inch and a half plus I added a second GoPro mount an equal distance ahead of the original mount. That lets me run my FC40 camera along with the GoPro.

Here is a photo of what I have so far. I could have raised to GoPro up, but I have extended landing gear and a naked GoPro case coming tomorrow.

The only minor problem is that I have to turn the FC40 camera on before I put it in it's mount, which I did anyway. The camera is "upside down" in it's mount, so the button to turn it on is on the wrong side now.

Attachments

• camera mount.JPG
    camera mount.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 652
i posted it in a previous thread, but yeah. Found out the hard way that my baby got fat with a gopro.

forward TIP!

to what I do now is let the motors warm up for 30 seconds or so and punch it while holding a bit back on the right joystick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1