GoPro on zenmuse gimbal

Reaction score
When I power off my p2 the camera rotates to the bottom with the lens on the ground, is this the way it is suppose to work? I have a cover for my lens, but I am not happy with the lens hitting the ground, why haven't they made the gimbal to stay horizontally?

Anyone else like this or have a solution?

Thanks for your help

Joe

Happens and is normal. Just buy some extended skids. I bought these because:
1. Better clearance from ground to gopro.
2. Wider stance. P2 doesn't tip as easily
3. Skids are out of the way when making sharper maneuvers
4. I can video at wider angles without less cropping.

http://www.acesdeals.biz/ is where I bought them. High quality plastic and looks like it's part of the p2.

Attachments

• extendedlegs.jpg
    extendedlegs.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 397
Check where your lever is set before powering off.
If I rotate my gimbal full down, it gets close to the ground but definitely does not touch the lens on the ground...
The gimbal should just go 'limp' when you power off.
Have you modified your landing gear?

It should stay wherever it ended up if it's properly balanced. If you have a lens protector on it, then that's throwing off the balance. People that use protectors or filters need to counterbalance. Over time it could overtax your gimbal motors.

CJ31 said:
It should stay wherever it ended up if it's properly balanced. If you have a lens protector on it, then that's throwing off the balance. People that use protectors or filters need to counterbalance. Over time it could overtax your gimbal motors.

I do have a lens protector but I'm not sure how to level the gimbal...

Thanks for your reply

Joe

Joeg1937 said:
CJ31 said:

Thanks for your reply

Joe
You can't level the gimbal, you have to counterbalance it. Some use a quarter taped to the back. Someone (can't remember who) uses a paperclip with a penny taped to it to get the weight further out and so is able to use less weight.

CJ31 said:
Joeg1937 said:
CJ31 said:

Thanks for your reply

Joe
You can't level the gimbal, you have to counterbalance it. Some use a quarter taped to the back. Someone (can't remember who) uses a paperclip with a penny taped to it to get the weight further out and so is able to use less weight.
Came across the thread. It was Ianwood.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10219&hilit=Paperclip

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20