GoPro HERO3 Wi-Fi Being On Confuses Phantom

Reaction score
If you power on your Phantom and immediately get the TX Lost (constant yellow lights), error check to see if the GoPro Wi-Fi is on. It was in my case. After turning it off, and a couple of hours of Phantom recalibration, battery changes, et, al., the problem went away. Seems the Phantom gets confused if the GoPro Wi-Fi signal gets to it before the controller signal.

Not documented by DJI. They don't even tell the new user how to start the motors in the manual.

mblitch said:
Not documented by DJI. They don't even tell the new user how to start the motors in the manual.

e6ugumu2.jpg

2y5eqaba.jpg

Page 4 of the PHANTOM QUICK START MANUAL, point 17, do not use the wifi function of the gopro (they even use the term "Fly Away")

Page 13 of the Phantom QSM, point 3. Start!

I swear that half the posters on here have never even looked at the manual for the Phantom,.........

rilot said:
I swear that half the posters on here have never even looked at the manual for the Phantom,.........

Yep,

I was going to write something along those lines, tho I would have been a little more blunt about it, but then again I remember that I was a noob too . . .

And in the name of honesty, I did try to fly my phantom WITHOUT knowing the CSC! I'd read the manuals and watched the vids, but somehow missed it (or forgot it, my Short term memory is shocking).

Each time I see a question like this, I think about writing up a noobs guide, tho if they haven't watched the videos or read the manual, they arn't likely to read a noobs guide lol

mblitch said:

I agree Colin Guinn doesnt phone all new users personally but he does the next best thing saying so in his videos and has it written in the manual.

Also people need to take some responsibility for their own actions and at the very least read the manual. Having a basic understanding of the technologies used will let you understand their limitations in how they do and dont work along with what to avoid. A basic understanding of radio frequencies and GPS is going to let you get the most out of any rc equipment that uses gps.

Understanding all modes and how to operate them along with the led status lights to understand what its telling you. I got all this info from the DJI website when I first got my phantom so I dont und3rstand how so many people claim its not available.

Its pretty simple to watch all the videos and read the manual, at first a lot of it may not make sense but after some test flights it should all begin to make sense. Making claims like you did just confirms you didnt read the manual as its pretty hard to miss the info on starting motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost