GOPRO Hero3+ Silver

Reaction score
Walmart has the GOPRO Hero3+ Silver for the regular price of $299.99 Plus a $40. shopping card. Offer good thru June 14th.

DJK

I see this as a sign, and being the good-natured fellow that I am, I took it upon myself to do some exhaustive research into the matter. I took the only logical course and consulted with the Oracle of 8, his only reply, ask again later....

Disheartened but not defeated, I consulted dem bones, cause dem bones never lie. I'm happy to report that dem bones confirmed my suspicions. Walmart is dumping the Hero3+ to make way for the Hero4.

Now for a release date on the Hero4 we'll have to consult the Oracle of 8 again, but I'm pretty sure if forced, even he'll have to agree that it's the end of the month.

Remember you heard it here first! :lol:

Kwas said:
What new features is the 4 supposed to have that the 3 doesn't?

" 4K video shooting at 30fps – Yes, the GoPro Hero3 Black Edition already had 4K but that was at only at 15fps which is not quite as smooth as you can get with GoPro Hero4. Additionally it can shoot 1080p at 120fps and 720p at 240fps enabling amazing resolutions in slow motion. This will all be made possible by the SoC Ambarella A9 Dual-Core 1GHz chip which would allow faster frame rates in H.264 codec. Ambarella, the company that has made SOCs (System-on-a-chip) for GoPro for a few generations already released details about the A9 chip back in September. The board appears a bit too large for a GoPro cam but it is possible Ambarella could make a board specifically for the GoPro 4 using the A9 design.
Advanced imaging – The Hero 4 will likely feature a 13 mega-pixels photo sensor and a new lens optimized for shooting in low light. Additional features include electronic image stabilization to enable shake free video, Multi-exposure HDR with tone mapping, Dual sensor interfaces 12-lane SLVDS/HiSPiTM/subLVDS and an improved MCTF with advanced sharpening. If you’ve mounted the camera in a way that prevents you from viewing the display, Remote Viewfinder Playback enables you to see a live-view of what the camera records which is really easy to do. Some speculations go as far as predicting two side-by-side lenses that would potentially enable 3D filming, I stress however that this is just speculation.
Connectivity – The GoPro Hero4 will not change anything from current models when it comes to connectivity. It will have a USB port, HDMI port and an on-board Wi-Fi module that allows you to upload and share pictures and videos directly onto social media just as one could do with the GoPro Hero3.
Price and release date – The Hero 4 is expected to hit the shelves some time this summer which is specific as the speculations get . It is expected to sell at the same price as its predecessors. There is also some speculation that GoPro may fail to name this camera Hero4 and go with another name, again we have to wait for the official announcement to know what its final name will be.
'

CarlJ said:
The Hero 4 is expected to hit the shelves some time this summer which is specific as the speculations get.

This fool obviously doesn't understand how to shake the answers out of the Oracle of 8. You just keep shaking til you get the answer you're looking for.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj