GoPro Hero compatible gimble?

Reaction score
I have a new Phantom 1.1.1 and I bought the GoPro Hero for it. It takes great video but it is to far back so you see the landing gear a ton. Does anyone know of a gimble that is compatible with the new Hero? It has the waterproof case that does not come off.

I use a Tarot T2-D. You have to drill one extra screw hole for it though. It works well. And it's much cheaper than zenmuse. They have a tree axis version now too.

Anyone know about the waterproof case on a Gimble? I want to buy one but do not want to buy one and have to return it.

Thanks

The Tarot doesn't work with the waterproof case. The only Quad I've seen that has a gimbal that uses the waterproof case is called the Mariner. It's a quad that is designed to be completely waterproof and landable on water. I'm not sure what the deal is with the gimbal on that one though.

Yeah the only way you will get a gimbal working with the case attached is to basically make your own with an Alexmos board and your own brackets.... doable but not at all easy. The other issue is that the shear size of with case would mean it probably won't fit under the Phantom without massive legs and the weight won't do flight times any good at all either.

Over time in this hobby I can assure you that you will want a Hero 3 or 4... some great deals out there on the Hero 3 (the first version before the Hero 3+) and it is still a **** good camera which fits in all the current gimbals.

DeweyAXD said:
Yeah the only way you will get a gimbal working with the case attached is to basically make your own with an Alexmos board and your own brackets.... doable but not at all easy. The other issue is that the shear size of with case would mean it probably won't fit under the Phantom without massive legs and the weight won't do flight times any good at all either.

Over time in this hobby I can assure you that you will want a Hero 3 or 4... some great deals out there on the Hero 3 (the first version before the Hero 3+) and it is still a **** good camera which fits in all the current gimbals.

Thanks. I actually took your advice and got a refurbished Hero 3. only 129$ What would you recommend for gimbals that is plug and play. Not to hand with the flux etc. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4