GoPro Hero 5 mounted on Phantom 4 Drone (Flight Test Video)

Reaction score
259a795191f354157e32ee6cf4c2eb19.jpg

Anyone tried this?

Looks like it would move the center of gravity quite a bit, too... controls might not like it. Worth an experiment... what are the goals in doing this?

No benefit. I'm just bored lol. Wanted to see if it could be done. It worked pretty well but wouldnt recommend. Was pretty neat haha

I thought it was a joke when I saw the original post yesterday. I am surprised that you actually did it! I assume you had to fly in atti mode. I doubt if the GPS worked with the GoPro sitting on top of it.

Its a good job the mount stuck ok, wouldnt want that sliding off

Did you notice any loss of signal with the gps while flying?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Man, I love the sound of those props through that Go Pro 5! I still remember missing the sound of my Phantom 1 when I moved up. But right next to them is something cooler altogether. Now I'm wondering if I could rig a microphone into the Phantom 4 Pro's camera so sound would be in real time. Any suggestions?

A friend with a P3 Standard did pretty much the same thing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Man, I love the sound of those props through that Go Pro 5! I still remember missing the sound of my Phantom 1 when I moved up. But right next to them is something cooler altogether. Now I'm wondering if I could rig a microphone into the Phantom 4 Pro's camera so sound would be in real time. Any suggestions?
I know there is what I'm pretty sure is a 5 pin 5v a/v connection on the p4 camera. There is a plastic cover over it. I don't know if its a input or an output but the only thing that makes since is that its a video out for a a/v transmitter. Now the p4 obviously doesn't do audio but its just the standard a/v plug that every a\v transmitter uses. The p4 just doesn't use the a in a/v. You should be able to add an aux mic and feed that into the a/v transmitter thus utilizing the already present audio transmission capability. You would have to setup a ground station to receive the a/v transmission. All this is hypothetical all of which riding on the 5 pin connection being a video out to tx. Nobody can tell me for sure what it is but what else could it be.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31