GoPro Hero 4 Specs released

If they actually released the specs, you would see it all over the trade press. Pretty sure christianpost.com doesn't qualify.

Maybe they got the info from above. I have 6 days left and I can return the gopro 3 I just purchased. I think that is what I want to do,especälly with the new low light abilities of the gp4.

ianwood said:
Pretty sure christianpost.com doesn't qualify.

It's a bastion of scientific info...

When the real specs are released, you will see it as a top story on every major consumer electronics site: Verge, TechCrunch, Engadget, Mashable, etc. The reason none of them have posted anything on it yet is because the so called "leaked" specs are 100% grade A bulls**t. It would be foolish to base a purchasing decision on such carp.

I agree. Christian Post is notorious for posting B.S. On that page theres a link to "New Nexus 5 specs". There is no such device. I would take all of their articles with a mountain of salt.

The last two GoPros that came out had a few posts from these pages and the info was almost dead on. It isn't an official release (I never claimed that). But I promise you it is coming and the specs will be close to what is listed. You will see an official statement in the next 4 weeks or so.

Do mods allow clickbait spam on Phantom Pilots? Because that's all that the 2 links above are. They're there to catch a little random Google traffic from people searching for GP4.

Most GoPro rumours come from the developers of the electronics - which GoPro essentially re-package and add their own firmware to.

Their latest development board camera matches these published specs, but this does not mean that the GoPro will have all the features, as there is a degree of miniaturisation and power saving to be implemented.

FYI, the development board was a lot larger than a current GoPro and also larger than their previous development units, so it looks like something might have to give.

ianwood said:
When the real specs are released, you will see it as a top story on every major consumer electronics site: Verge, TechCrunch, Engadget, Mashable, etc. The reason none of them have posted anything on it yet is because the so called "leaked" specs are 100% grade A bulls**t. It would be foolish to base a purchasing decision on such carp.

I couldn't agree with you more. I've seen that same rumor page being posted numerous times in the past half year, as some people are saying "don't buy the Hero3, .the Hero4 is almost out"

But anyone who's bought a GoPro the past few years knows that their product cycle is geared towards coming out with a new GoPro just before Christmas to make it the "hot item".

that said, if you're thinking of upgrading from your current GoPro,. might be best to hold out until later this year if you can.
but those "leaked" specs are not specifications, but more like speculations!

The date on that first link is September. That probably means it is from Sept last year. There was lots of speculation about the GoPro 4 being released in Oct last year when in fact it turned out to be the GoPro 3 plus.
If you actually read the text, it sounds like it was translated from another language or written by someone without a good grasp of English.
You should not make purchasing decisions based on this nonsense.

You roundeye no like our engrish?

Well, at least we're not getting our info from Christian Post! The photos look pretty sophisticated and consistent.

It says the Hero 4 Black and Silver will be compatible with existing mounts and accessories, so a very real possibility of this working in the H3-3D gimbal. And 2.7K at 50fps would be pretty substantial.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4