GoPro Hero 3 works but Hero 3+ does not

Reaction score
P2, H3-3D Zenmuse, Fatshark Transmitter

My friend could not get video to transmit from his Hero 3+ with the above setup. We swapped out his transmitter for my ImmersionRC and still no video. Whether using Black Pearl or Fatshark goggles, transmitter is working because screen turns black but not video. When my Hero 3 is swapped into his setup, video works fine.

Is there a setting that we are missing to make the Hero 3+ work? Have tried resetting to default, NTSC vs PAL, resolution etc etc, no luck.

Thanks,

E

Do you have iOSD? Is that showing up on the monitor?

zdauexs said:
P2, H3-2D Zenmuse, Fatshark Transmitter

My friend could not get video to transmit from his Hero 3+ with the above setup. We swapped out his transmitter for my ImmersionRC and still no video. Whether using Black Pearl or Fatshark goggles, transmitter is working because screen turns black but not video. When my Hero 3 is swapped into his setup, video works fine.

Is there a setting that we are missing to make the Hero 3+ work? Have tried resetting to default, NTSC vs PAL, resolution etc etc, no luck.

Thanks,

E

The Hero 3+ may have a damaged port that plugs into the gimbal. But first I would check that the camera has the latest updates from Go Pro.

No iOSD on his setup. Go Pro has latest firmware and camera works fine through USB connection when plugged into laptop etc. Very strange that my Hero 3 works fine with his setup but his Hero 3+ does not transmit video.

zdauexs said:
No iOSD on his setup. Go Pro has latest firmware and camera works fine through USB connection when plugged into laptop etc. Very strange that my Hero 3 works fine with his setup but his Hero 3+ does not transmit video.

I was referring to the 30 pin connector on the back of his camera may be damaged and it has nothing to do with the USB on the side. The 30 pin connector on the zenmuse works as you connected your camera to the gimbal and it works.

Does his 3+ work on your Phantom with FPV?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues