GoPro + Filter = Gimbal with mind of its own!

Reaction score
Hello -

I just received the 3 pack of Snake River GoPro slipon filters http://www.snakeriverprototyping.com/Products/blurfix-air-3pack.aspx and put one of them on my Phanton 2 v2 and noticed that the gimbal will pan up/down on it's own for some reason. I'm able to take control it with the dial on the top left but once I let go of it it'll 'do its own thing'. Have you guys experienced this issue?

Thanks,
Gerard

Gimbals have a low tolerance to any extra weight. Try counter balancing it and see if it still does it.

Welcome to the forums!

By the way - do you counterbalance with an equivalent counter weight on the opposite side of the GoPro 'cradle' or is this typically handled through the software?

Thanks,
Gerard

Physical counterweight I'm afraid.

gerardjuarez said:
Hello -

I just received the 3 pack of Snake River GoPro slipon filters http://www.snakeriverprototyping.com/Products/blurfix-air-3pack.aspx and put one of them on my Phanton 2 v2 and noticed that the gimbal will pan up/down on it's own for some reason. I'm able to take control it with the dial on the top left but once I let go of it it'll 'do its own thing'. Have you guys experienced this issue?

Thanks,
Gerard

GP 3 or 4? - If it's a 3 or 3+ it should make no difference on the H3-3D (I run two of them both with blurfix filters on and they have been fine with no additional counterbalance)
What you describe is very peculiar and sounds as though the gimbal has gone into speed mode over angle mode neither of which are settable by the end user :shock: If the gimbal is making a linear tilt to its end position when you move and let go of the tilt control on the TX then this emulates speed mode on other gimbals.
I would be inclined to do a full stick calibration (with the Blurfix in place). Power cycle the gimbal and then see what happens.
If the gimbal IS stuck in a type of 'speed mode' I have never seen this before on an H3-3D.

It would help if you could post a short video of the problem then it will be easier to determine what the fault could be and whether it is a faulty gimbal or as Irish Sights suggest... just needs a bit of counterbalance to take some strain off the motors during operation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj