GoPro cutting off

Reaction score
If you're shooting a 2.7K or above there are some cards that cannot handle that bit rate. A recent firmware update solves this by lowering the bit rate when the camera detects a card that can't handle it. There is a small list of GoPro-approved cards.

I never shoot above 1080 as I wish to sell my work and have no need to see my gear, my props or for a fisheye look.

Opwan said:
adanac said:
I never shoot above 1080 as I wish to sell my work and have no need to see my gear, my props or for a fisheye look.
Awwwwwww, I'm gonna tell! :D :D :D

Tell on what?

Some people shoot over 1080 so that they can crop out gear and get rid of fisheye . . .

Also as far as the video cutting out, another cause could be a fragmented SD card. If you've recorded a lot of flights and deleted them on that card, consider formatting it. After over a hundred flights on the same card I had a problem with it not recording more than a few seconds or minute. Formatted the card and it was back to normal again.

Shooting at 1080 I have no gear, no props and no fisheye right from the start. No post necessary for those particular issues.

poostik said:
Opwan said:
adanac said:
Awwwwwww, I'm gonna tell! :D :D :D

Tell on what?

Some people shoot over 1080 so that they can crop out gear and get rid of fisheye . . .

Also as far as the video cutting out, another cause could be a fragmented SD card. If you've recorded a lot of flights and deleted them on that card, consider formatting it. After over a hundred flights on the same card I had a problem with it not recording more than a few seconds or minute. Formatted the card and it was back to normal again.

If you wish to shoot at the higher resolutions and at the highest bit rate possible then you should get one of the approved cards. If you don't mind the software throttling back your bit rate you can use an un-approved card.

Opwan said:
OK thanks for your help. I tried updating camera, it was out of date, and I formatted the card tonight. Will try it again tomorrow. I was just kidding you about selling video, you know the stupid *** rules. :D

I am vidding at 1080/60 narrow. My vids go to PCs so high res is not very useful as most film runs at 30ish anyway. Using 720/120 is interesting if you want excellent slow motion segments. Definitely use the best card available and reformat regularly. Also, some software does not like GoPro files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20