GoPro Charging When Phantom 2 H3-3D Is Powered Up

Reaction score
I have a P2 H3-3D with FPV ( Avl58,OISD mini, DJI hub). I noticed when I power up my P2 the Hero 3 Black charging light comes on. Is this an issue? I noticed some video interference and was told this could cause it. I have the ribbon type connection cable.

Thanks

The gimbal is designed to feed continuous power to the gopro, so that part is normal, yes.

The new ribbon cable like you have on yours, connecting to the camera USB port, seems to introduce audio interference to the video recorded by the camera as well as slight video interference to the FPV signal. When the power leads on the ribbon cable are blocked, both the audio and video interference disappear, so the cause seems to be related to the power feed (or perhaps its proximity to the video feed).

There's a couple of workarounds, here's the easiest: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=19936

You can also replace the ribbon cable with the old style of port used on the H3-2D and early H3-2D's, but that takes a bit more tinkering and expense.

I completed the mod using scotch tape. Very easy and now it doesn't charge while P2 is on. Have to see if FPV is any clearer when I get her up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers